Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Shtus and Nourishkiet that enter ones brain

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 6:50 pm
How do u let it out. Twisted Evil

a) By posting on imamother what u were thinking.

b) By opening a sefer or attending a shiur

or c) telling your neighbor friend relative friend friend Wink

Honest now Smile

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 7:03 am
You imagine both your hands pushing it away hard!

chen

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:09 am
What exactly do you mean by shtus and narishkeit?

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 1:30 pm
Chen Something that doesn't help one to grow in yiddishkiet wether something they saw, dreamt about etc.
For more clarity check out some of these threads on imamother Confused

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 1:45 pm
tefila - are you having bad thoughts Drunken Smile drink a little and forget all about it Drunken Smile

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 2:02 pm
So 4 example u dream of a big truck coming down and you barely side stepping it and then see an unusual face inside enuf to scare the day lights out of you.
I'm sure some of u have had those kinda dreams Confused

Or you witness on the train a parent kicking their kid (u think it's their anyways shock ) without stop Crying .

What would u do?

Personally I find opening up a sefer or going to a class or being careful at bedtime with what I read can help guide what one see's or witnesses in daily life rather then just blabbing and adding fuel to the story, helps one to not only grow whilst letting ones good constructive thoughts enter .

Oh Green drinking isn't always the cure u know, in fact sometimes it can be ones downfall too Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 2:20 pm
I remember having bad dreams when I was preg so I stopped looking at the ads in the subways.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 1:10 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I remember having bad dreams when I was preg so I stopped looking at the ads in the subways.

lol! ads gave you nightmares?
When I was pregnant I stopped watching horrible movies, like The Descent, but ads?? LOL

mimivan

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 1:39 pm
Oh, by shtus and narishkeit I thought you meant like when a really stupid song or movie from the non-frum days gets caught in the brain! I really hate it when this happens! Does anyone have any advice? And its never a song I used to like, it's always something really lame and terrible like from REO Speedwagon. I think that is gehinom for all the narishkeit I have been involved with in my life. To be strapped to a chair and have to listen to REO Speedwagon for a year.

My yetzer hara is so clever. When I'm cooking for Shabbos, my brain replays movies I used to like (or not like) when I should be thinking about kedusha...

And then, when I"m in the bathroom, all of the sudden I remember a good idea from a shiur I have to push out of my head because I'm in the bathroom...

My yetzer hara has me backwards and has been winning! Urg! Twisted Evil

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 6:29 pm
Ruchel wrote:
ads gave you nightmares?

right. I wasn't used to them.

Ruchel wrote:
When I was pregnant I stopped watching horrible movies, like The Descent, but ads?? LOL

when I started working on computer years later, I had a color monitor, and since I never had a color tv, it really bothered my eyes!!!!

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 6:36 pm
oh maybe you mean terrible ads like Benetton. Those would definitely give nightmares...

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 6:45 pm
Quote:
Or you witness on the train a parent kicking their kid (u think it's their anyways ) without stop .

What would u do?

shock call the police

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:05 pm
I witnessed a huge black male threatening his little girl that he's going to whip her as soon as they get home. He must have said it 50 times, and the language he used! shock
I almost grabbed the girl and ran!
Crying

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:17 pm
back to tefila's question.
Distracting one self is always a sure go,
and distracting oneself with something postive like opening up a sefer or doing a chesed even more so.

Tefila

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:40 pm
Choc moose way to go Smile

Mimivan I was reffering to that too Wink

Estis I did open my mouth and say if you want I get you a ball to kick to which the response was oh we always play this way Confused

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:42 pm
well then what was the kid's reaction to the kicking?
was it hard kicking or playfull kicking?
was the kid crying or laughing or getting annoyed?

Tefila

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:46 pm
U know the kids reaction was annoyance, but still for an adult to kick on smaller then themselves is shock Crying
Imagine what message it sends to the next gen shock

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Sep 01 2007, 8:51 pm
ok so it is wrong I agree but the way you described it earlier tefila you made it sound way worse, like he was hurting/abusing the kid.
Confused
I couldn't understand how something like that would happen in public without observers jumping and holding down the parent.

you have to be carefull how you phrase things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics