Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Think NYC will cancel school tomorrow? 3/21/18
Previous  1  2  3  4

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:52 pm
How about tomorrow, ladies? What's the school schedule?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:46 pm
The roads are totally clear, they could've had a normal day. I hate when they cancel when there's nothing yet. They should start regular time if it gets bad they can always send home.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:51 pm
My kids had a normal day, though one stayed home since she isn’t feeling well.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:54 pm
NYC doesn't send home in the middle of the day.
Also, I live in NJ and work 30 miles away. They can't just send kids home. I need notice. I'd be angry if I got to work, paid the turnpike and gwb tolls (not to mention gas) just to be told I have to come home.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring

Optione

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 5:21 pm
NYC public schools are open tomorrow, 3/22

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:34 pm
OK I guess better safe than sorry but I didn't see anything impressive enough to stay home for. It was a reasonably relaxing and somewhat productive day but also not "enough." Sigh.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:46 pm
seeker wrote:
OK I guess better safe than sorry but I didn't see anything impressive enough to stay home for. It was a reasonably relaxing and somewhat productive day but also not "enough." Sigh.

Yeah. NYC manages to do this for us with the weather. And PEOPLE BELIEVE! !! It's ironic how people believe, see their mistakes. And believe again. How is that?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:20 pm
I haven't seen that many false alarms, I see a lot of people saying that like you but it only happened a couple of times that I remember. And they're more cautious now because of that one time several years ago when they tried to be all macho "we can handle a little snow" and then conditions were terrible and it was a disaster. THAT I remember.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:56 pm
So I guess they really DON'T know. Just trying to play "I know everything? "
They didn't know then and they didn't know now. 2 weeks ago they also said we'll have a huge snow. The end? A huge slush.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:02 pm
seeker wrote:
I haven't seen that many false alarms, I see a lot of people saying that like you but it only happened a couple of times that I remember. And they're more cautious now because of that one time several years ago when they tried to be all macho "we can handle a little snow" and then conditions were terrible and it was a disaster. THAT I remember.

I remember that day!! I was in 4th grade and we all got sent home from school. It was wretched. I vividly remember a little girl screaming as she slid into the street unable to stop herself. My mother grabbed onto her and pulled her back avoiding her to get struck by a car.

I'm a better safe than sorry gal.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:08 pm
tf wrote:
So I guess they really DON'T know. Just trying to play "I know everything? "
They didn't know then and they didn't know now. 2 weeks ago they also said we'll have a huge snow. The end? A huge slush.

In their defense (not that I really care), they actually said it will be a rain/snow mix depending on the temperature.
They don't KNOW they can only PREDICT. Weather is hard to predict as a storm can veer off a few miles at any moment changing the entire forecast. There were places who got many more inches than we did. There was a storm... It just BH missed us. (Phew! I can park once this stops!) So what's the worst? You have some extra bread and milk? Yum! More hot cocoa for me!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries