Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sequins or No?
Previous  1  2

Can I wear this skirt?
Yes, this is totally cool!  
 45%  [ 45 ]
I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't think badly of you:)  
 34%  [ 34 ]
All sequins? You're kinda pushing it...  
 9%  [ 9 ]
To each his own, but I would secretly judge you.  
 6%  [ 6 ]
Please do not wear sequins to a seder.  
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 100

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:45 pm
I love the skirt! OP you have great taste!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:03 pm
Also it’s probably too tight and marks

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 7:48 pm
I love the skirt and would pair it with the black and gold jacket pictured below. It may be uncomfortable to sit in for the Seder, depends on the lining.

penguin

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:25 pm
I'm with the worried about comfort crowd. I wear a long skirt with some stretch so nothing is binding anywhere, and I can lean back without worrying about my knees.

And wine color works great!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:40 pm
Thanks all for your input:)

I'm not worried about it being uncomfortable, because it has lining, and I will have a slip and thick tights underneath. It will probably cachet my stocking and pill them, but it's worth it:) It's not tight, because I got a size that would fit comfortably and not be skin-tight (unlike in the picture!) -- I see lots of VERY frum women with pencil skirts as fitted as this.

I always trust my instinct -- but I often choose to ask rather than to assume. I am very overly cautious about EVERYTHING, because I am a giyoret. I've only been around frum people for 3 plus years, and am still constantly questioning where the boundaries of "normal" are. I find that when my gut tells me something is a bad idea, I am usually right (my Rabbi usually agrees.") But when I am just curiously cautious, my Chabad Rebitzen usually tells me, "Why should it be a problem?" I wore a dress for Rosh Hashana (with a short black jacket with some pink and white embroidered flowers) that I felt more worried about than this, and my Chabad Rebitzen complimented me on it! (https://www.nyandcompany.com/7th-avenue-colorblock-sheath-dress-/A-prod11750075/)

Metukah

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 8:52 pm
You have great taste. Trust it.
I would love have a figure to be able to pull it off. I do have a skirt that us almost completely covered in sequins.
Wear it in good health.

sallytd

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:08 pm
Skirt is very pretty! Love the colors.
Reminds me of water/ krias yam suf.. very apropos for the seder😃

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks all for your input:)

I'm not worried about it being uncomfortable, because it has lining, and I will have a slip and thick tights underneath. It will probably cachet my stocking and pill them, but it's worth it:) It's not tight, because I got a size that would fit comfortably and not be skin-tight (unlike in the picture!) -- I see lots of VERY frum women with pencil skirts as fitted as this.

I always trust my instinct -- but I often choose to ask rather than to assume. I am very overly cautious about EVERYTHING, because I am a giyoret. I've only been around frum people for 3 plus years, and am still constantly questioning where the boundaries of "normal" are. I find that when my gut tells me something is a bad idea, I am usually right (my Rabbi usually agrees.") But when I am just curiously cautious, my Chabad Rebitzen usually tells me, "Why should it be a problem?" I wore a dress for Rosh Hashana (with a short black jacket with some pink and white embroidered flowers) that I felt more worried about than this, and my Chabad Rebitzen complimented me on it! (https://www.nyandcompany.com/7th-avenue-colorblock-sheath-dress-/A-prod11750075/)

I ❤️ Your taste in clothing!

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:50 pm
I think the skirt is gorgeous and the dress you wore on R"H is stunning! You do have great taste. Enjoy!

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 1:37 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I want to see a picture, it sounds gorgeous!

I have a knit top that is completely covered in gold sequins, and it looks gorgeous with a solid black skirt. I think that if you balance your "bling" with a classic outfit, you can pull it off.

On the other hand, I'll never forget the woman who wore a bright red sequin miniskirt, fishnet stockings, and 4 inch heels, on Yom Kippur! shock

Considering how she was dressed, I'll admit I had to wonder what she was atoning for. embarrassed

Well assuming she was sincere and acting appropriately, major kudos to her for showing up! If she was really that clueless about proper attire, it couldn't have easy to feel out of place like that.

ETA: I like the skirt! :-D

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 9:36 am
If you can handle the weight the sound and the feel of the sequins then go right ahead.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 9:49 am
You sound very creative and free spirited.

I would wear it with an organza or silk blouse/top in the light gold/beige or white colored family.

The black top can give a shlumpy look. Or maybe it just looks shlumpy on the hanger?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 2:12 pm
I see nothing wrong with wearing this to the seder, but I think it's too loud to wear to shul. I wouldn't think badly of you even if you wore it to shul though.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:05 am
lol -- when I brought it home, I told my DH, "I'm not wearing it to shut on Shabbos, though!" This skirt is for going out or Yom Tov ONLY.

I thought about light-gold or beige, but I don't have anything suitable. The black isn't as shlumpy as it looks in the pic, but it is heavier than I would like. I am sadly a little limited with dressy tops. My whites all look kind of linen-y. I don't have time to do any more hunting before Pesach!

Thans for all your help, ladies:) Heart

InnerMe

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
lol -- when I brought it home, I told my DH, "I'm not wearing it to shut on Shabbos, though!" This skirt is for going out or Yom Tov ONLY.

I thought about light-gold or beige, but I don't have anything suitable. The black isn't as shlumpy as it looks in the pic, but it is heavier than I would like. I am sadly a little limited with dressy tops. My whites all look kind of linen-y. I don't have time to do any more hunting before Pesach!

Thans for all your help, ladies:) Heart

Have a chag koshser vsomeach!
And enjoy your new beautiful skirt in good health!

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 12:13 pm
It’s a beautiful skirt.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics