Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Pull ups till stomach bug passes?

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 11:52 am
My 4.5 year old has a stomach bug. He was late to train (was only fully there in the last 6 months) and is only day trained, so I have pull ups around because he wears them to bed. The bug started yesterday afternoon and he twice didn't make it to the toilet in time so I put him in pull ups the rest of the day (and sure enough, he had to be changed a couple of times). He's feeling better today, but still mostly drinking rather than eating, and he's still having loose BM, so it hasn't fully passed yet. Also, I think we've all been there where we have that kind of "unstable" feeling in the days following a stomach bug where you're not always sure whether or not you need to use the bathroom, so Kal vachomer I'd imagine a 4 year old would have trouble making the distinction. He's asking to change back to underwear, but I think I should keep him in pull ups for another 24 hours or so. Especially with YT coming up, I really can't be dealing with gross accidents right now. Does that make sense? Am I right to keep him in pull ups all day until this passes?

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Mar 30 2018, 1:31 pm
Yes. And tell him he has to remember to use the bathroom too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers