Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How do u dress ur kids on chol hamoed? F
Previous  1  2  3

Raisin

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 5:36 am
I confess to buying matching shabbos clothing when I had kids of the same gender close in age. It lasted till they were about 6 I think, when it had to be different colours, and then different clothing altogether. My teenage boys still match in white shirts and suits.

My kids wear regular weekday clothes on chol hamoed.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 5:42 am
Shuly wrote:
I think it looks really strange when people match boys and girls in the same shirt.

Coordinating clothing and similar colors are fine but please don't put a boy's polo shirt on a girl or a girl's sweater on a boy! I've seen both and it looks so strange.

I also think that once kids turn 11, they should not match kids under age 7.

There is the issur of 'lo tilbash'. A boys polo shirt and a girls polo are usually different (usually for a girl it's 3 buttons and for boy 2 buttons and the 'hem' in front is usually wider for a boy. So there *is* a difference.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 6:24 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I love when people insist on matching their kids and then get rid of the whole set of different sizes when one kid grows out of it, because I get all that used stuff for my own kids. My SIL knows someone wealthy that has this mishagas and she has ka"h a lot of kids. So there is lots of clothes to go around, my sister, my brother and I all get to share the booty and the stuff is practically brand new sometimes 😉

If I was in your shoes I would say tehilim and pray that this would go on for as long as you wish. I'm thrilled for you Very Happy

unexpected

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 12:51 pm
Shuly wrote:
I think it looks really strange when people match boys and girls in the same shirt.

Coordinating clothing and similar colors are fine but please don't put a boy's polo shirt on a girl or a girl's sweater on a boy! I've seen both and it looks so strange.

Why is it okay for an 11 year old to match a seven year old and not a six year old?
Also, a lot of the tops in the store are made for both girls and boys. What makes a sweater either boys or girls? (Unless it has pink or bows/flowers/ruffles on it. Or baseballs)
I think ppl could do whatever they want when it comes to dressing their kids and we should all practice shmiras aynayim if these things bother us

Iymnok

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 1:02 pm
My girls, ages 4mo-9yo got matching Yom Tov clothes and love it.
The two oldest told me that they like to match when we go out on trips.

SYA

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 1:10 pm
My boys wear their dark uniform pants, and white shirts. My girls wear Shabbos clothes.

Zehava

Post Tue, Apr 03 2018, 5:18 pm
Shuly wrote:

My kids look adorable in their matching clothes. Not every color and design is so gendered.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 4:05 am
Does it ever happen that two families pick similar patterns and someone goes home with the wrong family?

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 7:31 am
imasoftov wrote:
Does it ever happen that two families pick similar patterns and someone goes home with the wrong family?

Sure- it’s very common. Parents are always looking for new members to join their family as long as they meet the criteria and are wearing the same clothing as their children.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 9:14 am
imasoftov wrote:

Many times! Once they wear the same sweater as a different family they start resembling the other family. It actually happened yesterday to 2 families. They only noticed once they got home and there was no sibling rivalry going on so they checked it out. Thankfully Shomrim opened a special phone number just for these incidents so they did a fast exchange.

happyfaces

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 10:39 am
cnc wrote:
Sure- it’s very common. Parents are always looking for new members to join their family as long as they meet the criteria and are wearing the same clothing as their children.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics