Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What are your luxuries?
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

InnerMe

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:12 am
giselle wrote:
You are rich. And it’s amazing that you recognize that you have these luxuries that so many of us don’t. Even though I don’t have most of those luxuries, the way you wrote it makes me truly happy for you.

Love your post. And your farginingness. yes, I just made up a word.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:16 am
I love vacations too. And should carve out time and space for one. That's a luxury I'd like to treat myself one day. My dream vacation would be somewhere with cool breezy weather, vast glorious beach, green, green, green, no noise, quite, a comfortable private villa with a jaccuzi and all modern accessories. A porch facing the ocean. A sky that's a brilliant jewel blue. And just relaxing, and nothing but relaxing and rejuvenating. One day...

Moonlight

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:20 am
momoftwo2 wrote:
Do you do that online or in person? I’d love to learn to play the guitar!

I found a frum woman who is willing to come to my house in the evenings. So I don't need a babysitter, it's great.

blessedflower

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:25 am
Buying a nice danish are a creamcake. I allow myself this luxury to often LOL

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:39 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
You don't need Amazon Prime to use subscribe and save. It's always free.

True.

I bought index cards for my daughter this week bec I didn’t have time to go to the store. I use amazon prime as my way of getting staples to the house quickly wo me using time to go to store.

Stars

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:42 am
I don't consider my long hot baths a luxury. I consider them a necessity. Same goes to Amazon prime (for me).

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:47 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
I’m reading about vacations here. I LOVE VACATIONS! But I can only go when we can afford it.

I was in several beautiful places in the world already. I LOVE nature, history I crave!!

But that’s really considered a luxury if you don’t have the extra money for it.

It feels like a luxury to me even though we do most of it with points. I feel like the most spoiled pampered woman sitting on a balcony drinking coffee while surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
Whenever I go through a hard time I think back to those days. It gives me strength.

return2You

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:49 am
Once a month I give myself a lazy day. TV, pjs all day, my husband does the carpool, and I don’t attend to any business or chores.

Lots and Lots of ice cream.

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:50 am
To clarify there are many things in my life that are neither luxuries nor necessities. It doesn’t have to be either or.
Some things I do or buy just because I want to and why not. We only live once and there is no need to deprive ourselves.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:51 am
I have an old but functional piano in my living room. Though I can't afford to give them lessons, with some music books and a little help from me, my girls have learned to play really nicely. I also regularly download sheet music from the internet to introduce variety and new pieces for us to enjoy.

It's a wonderful outlet of expression and together time for us as a family - singing and playing music.

My DD also got an inexpensive guitar, and has been learning to play via youtube and tips from friends who also play the guitar.

I suppose music is a luxury. I highly recommend it - a little investment for so much joy and pleasure.

return2You

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:52 am
eschaya wrote:
Michaels/ art supplies
I am one of the most frugal people I know. I cannot bring myself to spend money on luxuries (or even necessities) for myself (yes, I know this is not healthy, and DH has been working for many years - with moderate success - to teach me how).
And yet let me walk over the threshold to Michaels, or give me an excuse (no matter how weak) to "need" art supplies, and I just open my pocketbook without a second thought! Jewelry-making supplies and acrylic paint/canvas/paint media are my weakness and the one area where I let myself indulge. It makes me happy - I love to create things with my own hands. And then I get to enjoy the results for years after... I have lots of colorful fun jewelry and our home walls are constantly being redecorated with new artwork.

Hey me too!
Love Micheals

return2You

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 10:57 am
Zehava wrote:
Yes to both
I couldn’t believe it when dh brought up the idea. Little me with a summer home. It’s not huge. Maybe a bit bigger than my home in the city with options to build the basement.
But it’s clean and spider-free and there’s no ugly stains and mold like in bungalows.
I can also go for weekends whenever and for a nature-lover like me that’s awesome.

That is so awesome!

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 11:33 am
Zehava wrote:
It feels like a luxury to me even though we do most of it with points. I feel like the most spoiled pampered woman sitting on a balcony drinking coffee while surrounded by gorgeous scenery.
Whenever I go through a hard time I think back to those days. It gives me strength.

Yup! That’s exactly me! DRINKING COFFEE in a beautiful calm place, no house or child care whatsoever! I agree that the memories we take home, it gives encouragement when needed.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 11:34 am
Inner me, you’re to sweet!! Smile

Chocomama

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 11:43 am
My luxuries: buying the pre-checked bagged lettuce instead of checking my own. Mishpacha magazine. A couple times a year I buy myself a new cookbook, love those. Treats every now and then for kids and me. Cleaning help 4 hours per week. I didn't have for a long while and last year after pesach I thought I'd snap and so thank g-d I found a really lovely cleaner which hugely helps me out. Taking kids out for their birthdays to bagels, pizza, or ice cream. Also, giving my children's extra-curricular activities. I care about it so so much and though I can't always give everyone a turn at the same time, b'h everyone has numerous opportunities for art, exercise, etc.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 11:51 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Yup! That’s exactly me! DRINKING COFFEE in a beautiful calm place, no house or child care whatsoever! I agree that the memories we take home, it gives encouragement when needed.

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!
I am there now in my mind... the palm trees are swaying in the wind, I hear the sound of the ocean, the waves, the rushing, rushing, rushing waves.. it soothes me, it reverberates deep inside me. I lay on the grass, and the blades tickle my toes, I watch the clouds slowly glide overhead, the sky a sea of true, blue goodness. I want to stay here, just to stay forever...

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 12:04 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!
I am there now in my mind... the palm trees are swaying in the wind, I hear the sound of the ocean, the waves, the rushing, rushing, rushing waves.. it soothes me, it reverberates deep inside me. I lay on the grass, and the blades tickle my toes, I watch the clouds slowly glide overhead, the sky a sea of true, blue goodness. I want to stay here, just to stay forever...

The sunsets are truly magical
From a balcony, from atop a mountain, standing in the water itself like you’re touching the sun...

InnerMe

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 12:34 pm
Zehava wrote:
The sunsets are truly magical
From a balcony, from atop a mountain, standing in the water itself like you’re touching the sun...

Yes, magicals' the word.
Atop a mountain, I feel like I can fly. I can be anything I want to be. I am invincible. My heart's exploding, my head is heady with the indescribable peace that envelops me.

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 12:56 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Yes, magicals' the word.
Atop a mountain, I feel like I can fly. I can be anything I want to be. I am invincible. My heart's exploding, my head is heady with the indescribable peace that envelops me.

Pretty much

fbmommy

Post Fri, Apr 13 2018, 1:00 pm
Honestly, a lot of these responses aren't luxuries. I think anything that is used all the time or part of a routine wouldn't be a luxury. Otherwise, I would be saying my disposable diapers are a luxury. I think it really means what would you save up for and splurge on once in a very long while-so my luxury would be my Kate Spade pocketbook or designer shoes/clothes that I buy once in a while. Also, succos in Eretz Yisroel with our family (did it 3x).
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics