Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do you pay for your water bill?
Previous  1  2

saw50st8

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:11 am
amother wrote:
It’s every month 🙁
I do have a toilet that is always running but it’s been like that for almost a year!
So it seems that I’m paying more than double than NY? Lots of laundry here, showers, dishes ... should that really be more than $200 a month? I thought I remembered paying around $70-$80 a month. Even if we’re using more water these days including the leaky toilet, I would think the max should be $140-$150.... where are they getting me??

You likely have a leak. Our monthly water bill is around $80. We have 2 dishwashers, lots of laundry and 2 toilets. The only time it is higher (maybe $120 or so) is in the summer when we are running our sprinklers.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:49 am
Quarterly water bill is usually around $150.

The few months that I had a live-in health aide for my mom, it was $350 for that quarter. I can't figure out how one extra person could more than double the water bill.

Also, my electric bill (which covers the whole HVAC system, plus cooking; we have no gas) was $650 a month when aides lived here. It is now down to the usual $350 or so. I can't figure it out, but numbers don't lie.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:52 am
amother wrote:
I can’t believe how high ours is! I set up automatic payments a few years ago so I wasn’t paying attention.
I do live in a big house... but I don’t think it was ever so high. I live in nj if that matters. This month our bill was $229.67!!!!
How much do you pay??

How many kids? Is that monthly?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:11 am
amother wrote:
How many kids? Is that monthly?

Yes, it’s monthly

We are 6 people living in the house (with guests often) and a couple with 2 babies staying in the basement apartment.

I think our home is 3500 sq ft
From reading all the responses I think we are paying around $100 more each month than would seem fair.
I will definitely fix my leaky toilet (very small leak) and see if that makes a difference.
I’m trying to figure out how I can know if they are changing me unfairly.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:04 pm
[quote="Librarian"]Anyone else here live in monsey area? I think my water bill each much is crazy - usually $90 range and we are only 4 people living in the house.[/quote
I live in monsey area and we pay $40ish per month fammily of 6. A constantly flushing toilet upped our bill to 80ish one month until it was fixed.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you live?
Did rates go up recently?

I live in NYC. My kids are older and shower frequently. We have a sprinkler system and water generously during warmer months. I’m not sure if the rates went up recently. Our water bill has been getting higher but I assumed it was because my kids are getting older.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, it’s monthly

We are 6 people living in the house (with guests often) and a couple with 2 babies staying in the basement apartment.

I think our home is 3500 sq ft
From reading all the responses I think we are paying around $100 more each month than would seem fair.
I will definitely fix my leaky toilet (very small leak) and see if that makes a difference.
I’m trying to figure out how I can know if they are changing me unfairly.

that does sound high, maybe there is a leak

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:00 pm
OP, is there a way to check with neighbors if this is normal for your neighborhood?

I used to pay $180 a month for water for my house in Lakewood, but I checked with my neighbors and they paid similar amounts. I moved to another part of town, and now I pay $100 a month. This part of town is serviced by a different water company.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics