Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How do you bring your kids in from the car or stroller?

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 11:08 pm
Hi,
I'm curious how all of you (specifically those in apartments) go about bringing your kids inside. If you have a baby and a toddler what do you do? Do you bring your toddler inside first, settle them with toys, go back and get the baby? Or bring the baby in first (in the carseat or whatever) then go back and get the toddler? Or something else (like in stages - hold hand of toddler while hold baby till get inside, then let toddler go up stairs himself while you bring baby up, etc)?
Thanks!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 11:17 pm
When I lived in an apartment, it took a while to get from my car (even when I got good parking) through the building, up the elevator, down the hallway, finally to my door. It wasn't possible to leave my toddler behind. I stored my double stroller and snap n go in my car, mostly because I didn't have space in the apartment. I would choose either stroller, depending on the kids moods. The way back to the car though, I had to use the same stroller, which didn't always work out well.
Once the baby was walking, I preferred not to use a stroller at all. He was a good walker, and it was easier not to have to deal with the stroller in my apartment.

zigi

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 11:47 pm
baby wear the baby and hold the older baby. or have the older one crawl up the stairs while holding the baby and right behind the older one. or have the toddler walk up the stairs while holding the baby

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 2:36 am
I bump the stroller up or down the stairs (carefully) with the baby inside. Toddler walks.
If I have an older kid nearby, I’ll have them hold the baby as I get the stroller.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics