Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you 'like' a post because of the poster

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 9:44 pm
JC. I've seen posts get many likes when it has downright nastiness in it. wondering if its because people like the poster & just agree?

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:56 pm
Absolutely. It's also why I only get likes when I post anonymously.

simba

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:06 pm
I try to like based on the content of the post but I must admit that certain posters get more of my love!

singleagain

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:54 pm
I like content, but I tend to stop and pay attention to certain posters because I've agreed with their posts in the past.

I have also liked comments when starting them, then realizing it takes a turn and unlike it

daagahminayin

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:

That’s a shame!

naturalmom5

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:02 am
Most posts I read just for the post..

Exceptions are.. If the thread is about cake decorating with chocolate fondue for a sheva brochas . The title, itself has me thinking, please shoot me. But if Fox is commenting on it, I know there will be something worth reading.

Conversely, whenever I see Debsy, I think sit down, have a drink, brace yourself...

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 2:50 am
I like everything pink fridge has to say! Just thought I’d throw that out there. in general I only press like for content.

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 3:10 am
I have found that if people agree or especially like the last line of the post, they will hit "like".
Sometimes even if they disagree with the rest.

imasoftov

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 6:42 am
amother wrote:

Perhaps you edit some of your personality out of your anon posts to avoid being recognized, and that's just what's unlikeable about your public posts.

imasoftov

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 6:48 am
Iymnok wrote:
I have found that if people agree or especially like the last line of the post, they will hit "like".
Sometimes even if they disagree with the rest.

Unless posters both hit like and also post about why they hit like, how do you know? Even if there is an equal number of likes and posters who reacted to the last line, how do you know those posters are the ones who hit like?

P.S. Kittens are cute.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 8:12 am
I’ve noticed about myself and other posters that the opposite is true… I know that certain posters will always get an argument from the same people. It happens to me also. I think that some people literally follow other people around the board just to pick a fight with them.

As for likes, dont we all have members who we just see eye to eye with? Or just respect? There’s one person in particular that I respect greatly eventhough I dont relate to her lifestyle and dont agree with her opinions. Its the way she handles herself on the board that I think is amazing. I’ll like her posts even if I dont agree because I like how she said it. If that makes sense.

little neshamala

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:01 am
There are definitely posters that I tend to agree with more than others, but I really only hit like if I truly agree with their message.

I also hit like on messages I agree with even if they come from a poster who I normally totally disagree with.

flowerpower

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:03 am
I only hit the like button if I agree with the response and really like it. Sometimes I even want to like it twice! Nothing to do with the poster.

zaq

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:11 am
I pay no attention to who the poster is unless I have a very strong reaction to a post and want to PM a response. Even so, it wouldn’t be surprising if anyone frequently “liked” the same posters over and over. We tend to like those whose opinions align with our own and who express themselves the way we do. I wouldn’t “like” a post just because it was well-written if I didn’t also applaud the message, nor would I “like” it just because I admire the person who posted it. To me, liking a post means agreeing with it. YMMV.

That being said, most people will automatically be more favorably disposed towards posts by people they like, just as most people will laugh heartily at a joke told by a friend but roll their eyes in disdain if the same joke were told by someone they disliked. Human nature.

momnaturally

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 9:56 am
I only hit like if I really like a post.
Like if the post was spot on or wise.
Even if I agree with a post but I think it's obvious I won't hit like.
I never hit like just because of the poster.
I think that I approach this site differently than a lot of other posters on this site.
I don't know who anyone is irl (or at least I don't know that you are that poster).
I don't plan on ever meeting anyone.
I think that is the beauty of this site that you can be open with a lot of people and engage on things and in a way that is much more limited irl.
So I don't look to form any actual relationships with any posters not virtual and not irl. I look to just help someone anonymously if I can and I want it to stay that way. I also enjoy seeing different perspectives and enjoy a good discussion.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 2:49 pm
There are plenty of people here who like a post just because of who said it. How do I know? Because several times I have written a response to a post and it is largely ignored. Then 3 responses down some popular poster will write exactly the same thing I said and it will have a dozen or more likes within a minute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette