Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Camp bags for little kids

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 7:53 pm
Any ideas where to buy camp bags for kids? Looking for girls and boys under 9. Looking for something cheap for day camp to bring bathing suits, towels, lunches, etc.
Online or stores
Tia

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 10:01 pm
I just buy Lands End backpacks when they're on sale, they go pretty cheap with sale+coupon and then we use them for school, camp, whatever - they hold up really well, and if they fail they're guaranteed. Turns out under $15 each which is great for what you get, because one that's meant to be cheap is likely to fall apart more quickly. Real backpacks are more comfortable too. I always pack lunch in a separate lunch bag, it seems more efficient that way. You can get ones that strap onto the backpack or just keep them separate.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 10:04 pm
Thanks Seeker. They have Lands End backpacks for school... But I don't want them to get ruined in camp....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 10:13 pm
Check out Target or local dry good stores. They sell good camp bags for cheap...

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 10:15 pm
I found mine held up to camp well, but anyway I used the previous year's school backpack so it wouldn't be a big loss if it got turned into a camp backpack (which could be used the next camp year too.) I reckon for under $15 on sale and it will last fine through a whole school year plus camp, that's good enough for me. A cheap one at Walmart isn't going to be that much cheaper, and is more likely to fall apart, and won't be refunded or replaced when it does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains