Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bear Mountain in NY- what can you tell me about it?
Previous  1  2

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:34 pm
amother wrote:
I'm glad to know that Bear Mt Inn is comparable!

So it sounds like Day 2 we'd do the Ferris wheel, carousel, Lego store and Billy Beez (possibly bowling) in Pallisades.

I love how I sound like I don't have a very tight budget... This trip is important, though...

You can bowl free in New City by signing up for kids bowl free. Pallisades bowling is expensive.

If your timing is right, you can do Free Builds at the Lego Store.

There is cheap mini golf nearby Monsey.

Your kids would enjoy Greenburgh Nature Center. They have a free outdoor area. You walk along a trail and stop and read one page in a kids book that relates to the outdoors before you walk to the next page. They have a free playground. If you pay the admission, they have animals to pet and to handle.

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
Hate to be a naysayer but from my own experience the walk from the inn to the zoo is not so simple with double stroller and preschooler in the heat. Definitely doable but I would note to bring hats and adequate sun protection and drinks and its hilly so be prepared. The walk around the lake is flat.

As to what is there to do in monsey.
Theres turtleboo indoor play area ( spring valley) and in the mall theres billybeez which will be good for all of them. You can take a break and shop or walk around the mall go to the lego store and go back again.
Enjoy!
(Only amother bc I dont want my screen name and place where I live associated now.)
Hatzlacha

Adding: I see how I was a little slow in my response and other lovely mothers answered! I just want to thank you for the op bc I have some good ideas now for my kids. Thanks squishy. Beacon and the ferry sounds like something we would love to try ..

Just remember the ferry runs commuter hours only.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:43 pm
Bear mountains has a HUGE pool. Maybe go swimming there.

thanks

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:57 pm
You're also right near Monroe which has an excellent park with a playground.
There are lots of hotels near Woodbury commons which is 10 min away. Not sure bear Mt inn is renovated, and it's pretty old.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:04 pm
There's an indoor soft play near Woodbury commons called The Elks Place, great for kids!
Ruach Hachayim park in Monroe is absolutely amazing & it's closer than Monsey.

Maya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:
There's an indoor soft play near Woodbury commons called The Elks Place, great for kids!
Ruach Hachayim park in Monroe is absolutely amazing & it's closer than Monsey.

Ruach Hachayim is open only to residents of KJ.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:54 pm
Maya wrote:
Ruach Hachayim is open only to residents of KJ.

My kids school takes them there once a year on a trip and I believe they get special permission to use the park. Also my kids told me that the girls and boys playgrounds are separate. Not sure if they were saying the truth or not.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 8:55 pm
Squishy wrote:
You can bowl free in New City by signing up for kids bowl free. Pallisades bowling is expensive.

If your timing is right, you can do Free Builds at the Lego Store.

There is cheap mini golf nearby Monsey.

Your kids would enjoy Greenburgh Nature Center. They have a free outdoor area. You walk along a trail and stop and read one page in a kids book that relates to the outdoors before you walk to the next page. They have a free playground. If you pay the admission, they have animals to pet and to handle.

Squishy , next time my kids are bored and kvetching "we don't have what to do" I'll be contacting you. Sounds like you have visited every nook and cranny 😀

Maya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 9:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My kids school takes them there once a year on a trip and I believe they get special permission to use the park. Also my kids told me that the girls and boys playgrounds are separate. Not sure if they were saying the truth or not.

Yes there are separate color coded playing areas for boys and girls, but it’s not completely enforced, from what I could see.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 9:19 pm
Ruach Hachayim park is open to the public, every day from 3-7:30 & Sunday from 12-4:30, we go there a lot. There's a girls area, boys area & there also a family area for families to spend time together, as well as a toddler/little kids area.

Maya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
Ruach Hachayim park is open to the public, every day from 3-7:30 & Sunday from 12-4:30, we go there a lot. There's a girls area, boys area & there also a family area for families to spend time together, as well as a toddler/little kids area.

There is a big sign which says that it’s for residents only. No one is going to kick you out but that doesn’t mean it’s open to the public. I went once but haven’t gone back after I saw the sign.
Unless things have changed within the last few months.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 9:41 pm
Maya it's open to the public the hours I posted above. I know many people that go there as outings. They posted the sign because they don't want non Jews that are not dressed modest to come... (this is a thread for itself, let's not discuss it here.)
Maybe OP should call them just to make sure.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 5:48 am
Maya wrote:
There is a big sign which says that it’s for residents only. No one is going to kick you out but that doesn’t mean it’s open to the public. I went once but haven’t gone back after I saw the sign.
Unless things have changed within the last few months.

It's as the amother below you said. They don't enforce non-residents. The sign is there so that they can kick out g0yim without legal problems.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics