Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
ISO a GOOD vacuum cleaner

baker1

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 10:59 am
Please help me find a very good vacuum cleaner. I'm willing to spend up to $300.00/$400.00 on it. It's just so confusing searching online, the options are endless and reading reviews gives me a headache!
Please post a link or just write the type that you have and are happy with!
TIA

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:44 am
Dyson! I have the "Animal" canister, but I'm not sure that one is still available. It really works well and has held up over the years. I chose a canister because the attachments fit under the furniture and cabinets, which has been a problem with uprights in the past. I was leery of going bagless because I thought it would be messy to empty, but it actually is no more nor less dusty than changing a bag, and using it does not aggravate my allergies the way other vacuums do. I mostly use it on bare floors, but the small amount of carpet that I have gets cleaned very well, too. I love the way it fits safely on the stairs. I wish it would hold more before being emptied, but that's my only complaint. (Anon because I tell everyone about this IRL).

rmbg

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 11:45 am
I went to a good old fashioned vacuum store and he told me the bagless are really not good for you. He won’t even sell them.

nursemomma

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 1:41 pm
I have a miele, very happy with it so far. They can be quite pricey, but I think they have models within your price range.

baker1

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 3:00 pm
Quote:
I have a miele, very happy with it so far. They can be quite pricey, but I think they have models within your price range

Which model miele would you recommend?

mompower

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 3:24 pm
I have a Miele for a decade already and it’s still in perfect condition.

I’m not sure which model it is but it wasn’t from their expensive ones.

Definitely a fan!

Miri1

Post Tue, Jul 17 2018, 3:27 pm
Look online at consumer reports or gets the app.
They are and rated.
Bagged is better, but you still want to make sure that what gets vacuumed up stays inside the bag and doesn't get sent back out to the room - this is all addressed there too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry