Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o what do you wear on a daily basis?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 8:28 am
Summer:
Long skirt, solid or print
More often than not, crop top shell under sleeveless or cap sleeved top. (I love Burlington's print tops, the ones that are built up in the back so back of shell doesn't show. Does that out me?) Sometimes a cotton collared top but I like some interest to the blouse.
Necklace, earrings
This year, I actually found white-soled slip ons I can wear.
I don't know how women wear sheitels in this weather and I'm glad my commitments don't require one. Some weeks I only put on a sheitel for shul. I wear berets and pretieds.

Cooler weather:
Long skirt
Cardigans, shell. All sorts of tops, too many types to describe.
Accessories if apply like scarf, necklace, pin, earrings
Shoes include granny boots, conventional short black boot with wedge, other.
Beret, sheitel. I love caps but I can't find the oversized kind I want. (For summer too.)

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:06 am
I’m not so hoity toity : I don’t have a “capsule” wardrobe, I just don’t have a lot of clothes and I wear pretty much the same basics year round. A few skirts, a few more button-front shirts, nylons, sensible shoes. Wide brim hat in summer, wool beret or equivalent in winter. I don’t do knit tops nor do I do shells to kosherize sleeveless or scoop neck tops. If it’s not tzanua, I either don’t buy it or have it permanently kosherized by a dressmaker. In winter I may wear a knit menswear-style vest or a blazer over my shirt. I am very obviously not a Lakewoodian.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:20 am
Hmmm... I don’t have a signature style. I wear what is appropriate for that day. For example if I’m going to school I’ll wear a nice dress or outfit, flats and my good weekday wig or pony shaitel. If I’m off I’ll be wearing a long skirt and tee probably my fall or pony wig.
I’m off the whole summer so you can pick me out from all the fancy Lakewood Women in the gourmet glatt grocery because I wear a long skirt and tee! *gasp*!!!
Some days I get dressed up (especially if that day involves meeting my mum...) but I love the freedom and comfort of the Junnee tee so I wear one with a pretty midi skirt. Still feel dressed up when I’m forced into tights...

I always wear makeup and a wig (unless I’m straight outa the gym) and jewelry (anyone else feel naked without earrings??)

keym

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:24 am
I run a playgroup in my house. So my classic is black slinky skirt, shell, sleeveless or cap sleeve top ( I like Macy's and Dress Barn) chenille snood and crocs for inside ballet flats for outside.
Earrings and rings. A dash of lipstick.

When I go out I put on my shaitel.

When I'm not working or cooking or cleaning, I'll wear my nicer tops with a nicer skirt and put some more makeup and jewellery on.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:25 am
SuperWify wrote:
Hmmm... I don’t have a signature style. I wear what is appropriate for that day. For example if I’m going to school I’ll wear a nice dress or outfit, flats and my good weekday wig or pony shaitel. If I’m off I’ll be wearing a long skirt and tee probably my fall or pony wig.
I’m off the whole summer so you can pick me out from all the fancy Lakewood Women in the gourmet glatt grocery because I wear a long skirt and tee! *gasp*!!!
Some days I get dressed up (especially if that day involves meeting my mum...) but I love the freedom and comfort of the Junnee tee so I wear one with a pretty midi skirt. Still feel dressed up when I’m forced into tights...

I always wear makeup and a wig (unless I’m straight outa the gym) and jewelry (anyone else feel naked without earrings??)

Yes. I totally feel naked without earrings. It's a must for me.

simba

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 9:32 am
I power dress for work and mommy dress for home. Off days are a hybrid version.
Power Dress - Blazer, Pencie skirt, makeup, nice sheitel etc..
Home - Maxu skirt and tee, flats
Hybrid - pencil skirt and Tee!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:22 am
Depends on the day.

But I always wear a model fabric shell under everything. Even if the top I'd completely tzenua except for one top that's 100% cotton. And I don't leiberman that too thay much anyway...

Winter same as summer. Just the fabrics are thivker/warmer/more wintery looking.

So on a day stay home, it's
Simple slightly A-line midi skirt, shell easy top over it. (Think loft, charter club, Anne taylor, Talbots).
Tights
Cross (nicer ones. Not the clumsy clogs)
Turban. Sometimes a pretied. (I'm old fashioned that way. Lol)
Earrings, neclace.
A drop of color - may even a full 60 seconds worth of makeup.

When I go out I change to a below knee straight skirt. And a nicer top from local stores. Sometimes from the same companies as I wear at home but they are more dressy/nicer.

Basic neutral shoes flats/loafers in neutral colors black/navy/grey/beige. Summer sometimes a white shoe with some color matching my nicest outfits....
Earing neclace and rings.
Sheitel.
Same makeup as every day.
My pocket book is same every day. I buy one good nice one. I'm not one to constantly switch my things around.....

Shabbos s usually a long robe, and turban/sheitel depends on my mood.
A little more makeup and most of my jewelry.
If we go out, my trusted straight black skirt and a shell of course. With a nice elegant top and my nice sheitel. And elegant flat/wedge black shoes.

Simchas is similar to shabbos. Closer simchas I have elegant dresses with our without belds/accessories. High healed shoes. Fancy sheitel.
Same makeup as I do for shabbos.
Takes maybe 3 minutes. Bh my skin is nice. I just do foundation to help keep the blush and other stuff from wearing off to fast. I mostly do eye liner/mascara, bronzer/blush, lip liner/lip stick. Quick and easy.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 12:50 pm
Jeans and a tshirt, with sneakers or safety boots.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:35 pm
amother wrote:
I’m not so hoity toity : I don’t have a “capsule” wardrobe, I just don’t have a lot of clothes and I wear pretty much the same basics year round. A few skirts, a few more button-front shirts, nylons, sensible shoes. Wide brim hat in summer, wool beret or equivalent in winter. I don’t do knit tops nor do I do shells to kosherize sleeveless or scoop neck tops. If it’s not tzanua, I either don’t buy it or have it permanently kosherized by a dressmaker. In winter I may wear a knit menswear-style vest or a blazer over my shirt. .

I don't call it hoity toity. I call it cool. And fascinating. I often wonder what I would choose if I had to prune my wardrobe and accessories to basics.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 1:53 pm
I'm pretty basic. Usually black skirt, although this season I find myself with lots of blue! Shell with a top (usually Macy's, Dress Barn, Marshall's etc), I usually wear a sheitel out but I will sometimes run out in a snood. Basic makeup (eyeliner, mascara, foundation powder and blush. Sometimes lipstick.) Wedding rings, earrings, watch. Sometimes necklace.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:00 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't call it hoity toity. I call it cool. And fascinating. I often wonder what I would choose if I had to prune my wardrobe and accessories to basics.

I call it boring. I don't want to be limited to a very small number of pieces. Or to a particular look.

For work, I'll wear a dress with a blazer or cardigan. Or a skirt (pencil, or a-line, or flowy) with a crisp shirt. Or with a not so crisp shirt. Or with a sleeveless top and blazer, or cardigan. I wear flats, or sandals since I hurt my knee, but before that, it could be pumps, or loafers, or anything else.

Casually, I'll wear a skirt (of any type) with a tee or sweater. Or a tee shirt dress. Or flowy wide-legged pants and a tee shirt. At home, when I'm not going to see anyone I'm not related to, it might even be shorts and a tee shirt.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:22 pm
I have tons of clothes in my closet, but I find that I end up wearing the same things over and over.

I work in a professional environment so I basically wear the following:
Skirts: 3-4 neutral colored pencil skirts (black, grey) that are all year round material. 4 summer patterned short below the knee skirts. 4 winter patterned short below the knee skirts.

Summer Tops: 3 black cotton cardigan type that I wear with a shell when I wear the patterned skirts. 5-7 tops that can be worn with the neutral skirts (some need shells).

Winter Tops: 2 black cardigan sweater worn over a black shell, to be worn with the patterned skirts. 7-10 sweaters or tops.

3 Blazers that I wear with my neutral skirts when I have meetings.

3 pairs of black flats. I wear nude stockings everyday to work in the summer and opaque tights everyday in the winter.
I wear a sheital everyday and no makeup. I also don't wear much jewelry except basics that I don't change.

On Sundays and in the house - long black slinky skirt with long sleeved t-shirt (3) or sweatshirt (3) depending on the weather.

I also wear 3 tops that are not for work (because a little too trendy) but are nicer than a t-shirt that I may wear on a Sunday if I plan to see people.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:24 pm
I work in a small casual office. I try and dress professional but I dont need to wear a suit, heels etc.

I have a few different looks:

1) Straight midi length skirt with a loose flowy top (I call it my hippy chic look) either with a sheital or a beret.

2) A maxi shirt and matching top

3) A dress usually jersey material and super comfortable

4) A denim looking skirt and top (usually for a sunday or a day off)

I alternate sheitals and berets/snoods about equally. I am not a makeup or jewelry person.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 2:28 pm
those of you who wear straight skirts- do you find that they ride up past your knees when walking, going up stairs, do you feel confined when you are walking etc...
those of you who wear cotton tights- what brand do you wear
those of you who wear sneaker, what type of socks do you wear with them?

Thanks everyone!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 3:54 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I call it boring. I don't want to be limited to a very small number of pieces. Or to a particular look.

I'd be bored too. That's why I'm fascinated by someone who does it. (I'm assuming it's not strictly due to $$$ but that she probably does spend more per piece than I would, so as to get enduring quality.)

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 4:37 pm
Summer - either a straight long skirt with a flowy top or a looser maxi skirt with a more fitted top. I wear all my shirts year round except for a few sweatery ones. Knee high stockings and flats.
Winter - just-covering-the-knee pencil skirt, black tights, flats, and the same shirts as summer.
Shabbos - basically the same year round, nice blouse with a shell and a nice pencil skirt usually. Tights in the winter and stockings in the summer.
I always wear a sheitel out of the house and officially wear a tichel inside but I definitely go without it when I can (I also wear flip flops, short sleeves, or even completely untznius pajamas around the house sometimes too. Don’t tell anyone!)

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 5:56 pm
OP, dress for the life you live now. If you’re a sahm and the fanciest place you go is the pizza shop, why do you need to dress as if you’re going to a wedding? As long as you’re neat, clean and don’t have any missing buttons or unraveling hems, that should be good enough for anyone. Those who want to dress like a page out of Vogue to take out the trash (you know who you are), I’m sure there are those who will applaud you for so ornamenting the landscape, but unless a job or social responsibilities require it, no one should feel obligated to follow suit. (NO! That pun was NOT intended.)

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 6:01 pm
zaq wrote:
OP, dress for the life you live now. If you’re a sahm and the fanciest place you go is the pizza shop, why do you need to dress as if you’re going to a wedding? As long as you’re neat, clean and don’t have any missing buttons or unraveling hems, that should be good enough for anyone. Those who want to dress like a page out of Vogue to take out the trash (you know who you are), I’m sure there are those who will applaud you for so ornamenting the landscape, but unless a job or social responsibilities require it, no one should feel obligated to follow suit. (NO! That pun was NOT intended.)

THIS.

BUT ... if you enjoy dressing up every day, then go for it.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:15 pm
Summer: old, stretched out, stained polo and black slinky skirt, knee socks, crocs, and chenille snood

Winter: old, stretched out, stained sweatshirt and black slinky skirt, knee socks,crocs, and chenille snood

Shabbos: old robe, knee socks, crocs, and chenille snood

I have a closet with some nicer clothes. I am a stay at home mother. I cannot figure out why, from a psychological standpoint, I dress like this...it bothers me, but if I dress nicer for a day or two, I revert back to my "uniform.". Anyone want to help me figure myself out?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 7:41 pm
hmm could it be that your feeling unmotivated? that may be a symptom of depression
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics