Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
The Camping Trip

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 1:25 am
Some of my daughter's friends went to this "event". It sounds like a Jewish Woodstock and a beacon for drugs, alcohol, and worse activities. I'm so grateful she didn't go. Anyone know about this thing in Sullivan County (I read it was cancelled by the town).

trixx

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 2:13 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 11:42 am
Read about it then heard from a friend, and it sounds crazy. Seems like the organizer refused to get a permit, the local government issued an injunction to prevent him from doing this, he didn't tell any of the guests, charged 250pp, and erev shabbos ppl tried to come and got blocked by the police.

You can see in the FB group that people are saying they were getting turned away by police and the organizer is encouraging ppl to still drive there right before shabbos.

Looks like a bunch of ppl said they were camping out elsewhere afterward, the organizer claimed he'll refund everyone, but the promoters sent a WhatsApp message to everyone basically saying they were duped and the organizer has no plans to really refund anyone.

The organizer also announced to everyone that this was banned due to antisemitism even though it was very clear that you have to have permits to have a concert on your property there and he refused to get permits. Rolling Eyes

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 12:21 pm
A member of my immediate family (as in father/brother/son) was one of the performers, he was there since Friday morning and it was still planned to go on as planned. Waiting to hear from him now to see what actually happened.

Remember, YWN is a tabloid and often report things incorrectly.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 29 2018, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
A member of my immediate family (as in father/brother/son) was one of the performers, he was there since Friday morning and it was still planned to go on as planned. Waiting to hear from him now to see what actually happened.

Remember, YWN is a tabloid and often report things incorrectly.

Looked back on the fb page and looks like some part of it went on somewhere. Look at moshav's fb page (they were supposed to be performing) and they announced it was cancelled. So it was generally cancelled. A lot of commenters are upset at the organizer but some tried to make the best of it. Did you brother end up performing?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:32 am
I want to know who the "Three holy tzaddikim" are. Also, are there profane tzaddikim?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
Looked back on the fb page and looks like some part of it went on somewhere. Look at moshav's fb page (they were supposed to be performing) and they announced it was cancelled. So it was generally cancelled. A lot of commenters are upset at the organizer but some tried to make the best of it. Did you brother end up performing?

Still waiting to hear from my relative to see what happened. He’s usually out of touch for a few days after playing at an event.

I’ve looked at the Camping Trip’s official page a number of times and dont see anyone commenting that they are upset at the organizer but tried to make the best of it. I see a lot of people (not a ton, only 34 total comments) who are calling bologna over his anti semitism claim and annoyed that he never filed for permits. I’m not seeing the fb comments that you seem to be referring to. I saw that Moshav Band said it was cancelled. Like I said before, my relative was there Friday am helping set the sound systems up and planning to go on as planned.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 30 2018, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
Still waiting to hear from my relative to see what happened. He’s usually out of touch for a few days after playing at an event.

I’ve looked at the Camping Trip’s official page a number of times and dont see anyone commenting that they are upset at the organizer but tried to make the best of it. I see a lot of people (not a ton, only 34 total comments) who are calling bologna over his anti semitism claim and annoyed that he never filed for permits. I’m not seeing the fb comments that you seem to be referring to. I saw that Moshav Band said it was cancelled. Like I said before, my relative was there Friday am helping set the sound systems up and planning to go on as planned.

Separate comments. Some people camped elsewhere and tried to make the best of it, others were upset at the organizer for hiding the fact that there was an injunction banning the event and he continued to tell people to come even as police were preventing people from entering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children