Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Men going to the beach

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 9:13 am
Is it halachically problematic? Is it a chumrah? My husband really wants to go on a family trip to the beach

simba

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 9:15 am
AYLOR

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
Is it halachically problematic? Is it a chumrah? My husband really wants to go on a family trip to the beach

Before the bickering begins, let me give you the only answer you need.

CYLOR.

I know that my rabbi and his wife go to the beach.

And I've heard from others that it is absolutely verboten.

Clearly opinions differ, so you should ask YOUR rabbinic authority how beaches should be handled, and ignore everyone else's rabbis.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 9:17 am
The problem isn't going to the beach itself, the problem is being surrounded by unclothed women...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 9:28 am
It's an issue of shmiras eynayim and everyone has their own level and way of adhering to that.
There is no blanket rule for everyone. It's a personal thing and each individual should ask their own rabbi for guidance.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 10:42 am
The issue is shemiras einayim & it's each to their own level. You have to ask for yourself, it doesn't matter what everyone else does.

EmpireState

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
The problem isn't going to the beach itself, the problem is being surrounded by unclothed women...

Don't know what beach you're going to, but fortunately the ones I go to the women are "clothed" in swimsuits

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 12:05 pm
EmpireState wrote:
Don't know what beach you're going to, but fortunately the ones I go to the women are "clothed" in swimsuits

Many women are barely clothed. If you use a magnafine glass maybe you’ll find some sort of cover up. One that is supposed to be a bikini but it barely does the job. Swimsuits would be nice though....

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:

There are some nice secluded beaches that have just a handful of people that. Do some research.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 12:06 pm
The psak I got about going with DH to places where women aren't dressed tznuius was that any place where the women are dressed so untznius that a self respecting non-Jewish women would not go (for example) shopping dressed that way is off limits.

Ask you your own Rabbi

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Aug 03 2018, 12:49 pm
flowerpower wrote:
There are some nice secluded beaches that have just a handful of people that. Do some research.

There are also beaches with no one on them at all. I had a beach all to myself and my kids Wednesday.

Leriem

Post Sat, Aug 04 2018, 8:35 pm
Frum men may not go where women are in various states of Undress...I can’t imagine what rabbi would go, unless it’s a secluded or private beach where he won’t run the risk of seeing any woman wearing a swimsuit or other untzniusdig

Zeleze

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 2:45 am
Oh my, which Rabbi goes to the beach with or without his wife ? ....

I would'nt call him a Rabbi not ever reform or conservative !!

I would myself or DH would never go to any beach as any type of covering leaves much to imagine in my view, and any beach summer would have ay least a few poeple and any time in the States or here in Israel.

A private closed pool would be fine just to expensive for me as a Kollel wife

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 05 2018, 2:59 am
EmpireState wrote:

They are not "clothed" enough to be in places other than the beach, such as the supermarket. So unclothed isn't off the mark.

Some families go off/hours or off season to avoid other people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions