Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Supports Israel or Morally fit...?
  Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13

Purple2

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:25 pm
Really classy Obama. My blood still boils for his disrespect to my country. Reagan would not take his jacket off in the Oval Office out of respect to the office. The day Obama moved in, there was a picture of him with his feet on the desk!
Yea a real class act.

Fox

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:49 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Maybe you have a good reason for going amother, maybe not. Maybe you can explain it to us and then maybe we'd be more understanding of your reason for going amother. Maybe.

I can't speak for Navy A mother or anyone else. I made up my mind after the Pulse Nightclub shooting to be fearless, to never get angry, and never get offended. To walk toward the fire, as they say.

I had been silent for way, way too long. I was quiet and even acquiescent when we elected a President who was an acolyte of Bill Ayers, a man whom I consider to have the blood of my classmates and peers on his and his wife's hands.

On Imamother, I've had violence wished upon me. I've been called a racist and a racist-sympathizer. I've been called a neo-Nazi sympathizer. I've been called a KKK-sympathizer. I am regularly told that I think X or Y -- despite having never said such a thing. I've been told I'm an apologist for every social malady in the book. I've sustained so many ad hominem attacks they don't even faze me. I'm condescending. I'm gaslighting. I'm trying to control the narrative. Sometimes it seems like I've had a gender studies syllabus hurled at me just to see what epithets stick.

I never respond in kind, but I never, ever give in.

And I have it easy on Imamother, where things are comparatively civil.

Given all this, why does it surprise anyone that a Trump supporter is reluctant to use even a screen name. The trope that "it's easier to come out as gay than to come out as a Trump supporter" is so common as to be yawn-inducing.

It is not exclusively the fault of Imamother, though I don't see the appeal of repeatedly reviewing how much some of you detest Trump. But don't underestimate the fact that a lot of people feel they have to stay closeted because they just can't handle the hate directed toward them.

I don't know if that's why Navy Amother wants to stay anonymous, but given that approximately 90 percent of Orthodox Jews rate Trump favorably, it's likely that quite a few Imamothers feel less threatened by participating in a juicy intimacy thread than by baring their political leanings.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 9:51 pm
Ill take a supporter of israel in the white house anyday.

If he did it at least not while he was the president. And not in the oval office - Bill Cinton anyone? Not a fan of his but I can't argue that his policies are vastly better. And waaaay beyond preferable to the other alternative we had.

Who knows what the previous prez did the press wouldn't even show a pic of smoking one of his ciggies let alone dig at any of the numerous problems even if someone did agree with a policy.

The press and others are after this prez with a pitchfork. The double standard is astonishing and should be frightening to anyone no matter what side of the aisle someone is sitting on.

B"H Hashem's in Charge. We don't put our faith in politics or politicians.
Though we do our hishtadlus.

Purple2

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:09 pm
Fox, as usual you’re both wise and amazingly entertaining.
Thank you!!

Sadie

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:06 pm
Fox wrote:
What nightmare? Precisely what is happening that is so nightmarish? Lower unemployment? The bull market? Increased manufacturing jobs? Renegotiated trade agreements? The fact that the GCC and Israel actually trust us again? The fact that Iran's regime is crumbling?

No, Sadie, I pride myself on reading a lot and not relying on my own imagination and experience to form my opinions. I also pride myself on mentioning the people whom I read, partly to give them credit, but also so that people reading my posts know where my ideas come from. It is not a virtue to create your opinions based only on your own perspective and interpretations.

Please desist with the "alt-right" slur. This is simply a way to sling insults around now that calling people racists, sexists, and homophobes doesn't work.

I’m not going to list his horrible policies because I’m sure you agree with them, so it would be pointless. But yes, we are experiencing a nightmare that will cause national soul searching for generations to come. Our democracy is crumbling around us like so much Trump(tm) brand asbestos imported from Russia.

By the way, do any of you trump bootlickers give a single hoot about the environment? Are you paying attention to what he’s doing to the EPA, national parks, our air and water? Do you all really think climate change is a Chinese hoax? Do you think that coal is sustainable? Do you think that unmitigated deregulation is actually good? Do you not realize that deregulation is really good for making rich companies richer and really bad for our kids and grandkids health? (Trump of course is pro deregulation *except* when it comes to petty personal grudges, which is why he recently said he wants to regulate google)

Do you not care about Puerto Rico? Do you not realize they’re American citizens? Do you think that throwing paper towels at them and calling the mayor of San Juan “nasty” while she literally walks through waist deep water to look for survivors an appropriate response to a national disaster? Do you think it’s okay that trump claimed that 64 people died as a result of the hurricane when the actual number is closer to 3,000? (The same as 9/11)

Do you not care that trump’s disastrous tarrifs mean billions and billions of dollars of *welfare* going to American farmers or do people only care about welfare when they see their neighbor using her EBT card at the grocery while pushing a bugaboo?

Israel doesn’t trust the US, Bibi (a fellow corrupt, scandal-ridden crime boss like trump, although admittedly much much smarter) considers trump a useful idiot for promoting his extreme right agenda, and he’ll dump trump as soon as it’s politically expedient for him. Israel’s actual intelligence community doesn’t trust us at all because trump leads to Russia leads to Iran.

Alt-right isn’t a slur and quit playing the victim. It’s actually pretty polite euphemism for racist, sexist, homophobes, which is what your twitter pals are. By the way, who decided calling racist, sexist homophobes, racist, sexist, homophobes, “doesn’t work”? You? Own it! Scott Adams is definitely a racist and a sexist, not sure about homophobic and not interested in him enough to go check. And who cares what Scott Adams has to say about anything anyway? You’re like a one-woman PR machine for conservative Twitter d-listers. You might as well be quoting Kevin Sorbo.

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:23 pm
Sadie wrote:
I
Israel doesn’t trust the US, Bibi (a fellow corrupt, scandal-ridden crime boss like trump, although admittedly much much smarter) considers trump a useful idiot for promoting his extreme right agenda, and he’ll dump trump as soon as it’s politically expedient for him. Israel’s actual intelligence community doesn’t trust us at all because trump leads to Russia leads to Iran.

Alt-right isn’t a slur and quit playing the victim. It’s actually pretty polite euphemism for racist, sexist, homophobes, which is what your twitter pals are. By the way, who decided calling racist, sexist homophobes, racist, sexist, homophobes, “doesn’t work”? You? Own it! Scott Adams is definitely a racist and a sexist, not sure about homophobic and not interested in him enough to go check. And who cares what Scott Adams has to say about anything anyway? You’re like a one-woman PR machine for conservative Twitter d-listers. You might as well be quoting Kevin Sorbo.

Where do you live?

Israelis *overwhelmingly* prefer Trump to the previous administration. Poll after poll, most recently last month's Haaretz poll (BTW, Haaretz is a far-LEFT newspaper) demonstrate this.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....poll/

In light of the previous administration's love affair with Iran, and the current administration's condemnation of these policies, to suggest that Israelis don't trust Trump because he supports Iran (?!?) is absurd.

Also, shaming everybody who disagrees with you by calling them racist sexist homophibic xenophobic Islamaphobic deplorables is getting pretty old.

Maybe

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:27 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Yes. I called you stupid and a troll, not other women on this site. I'm not convinced that you are Jewish or a woman.

Is that what you consider true class ? or will you apologize ?
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Maybe on Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sadie

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:28 pm
DrMom wrote:
Where do you live?

Israelis *overwhelmingly* prefer Trump to the previous administration. Poll after poll, most recently last month's Haaretz poll (BTW, Haaretz is a far-LEFT newspaper) demonstrate this.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....poll/

In light of the previous administration's love affair with Iran, and the current administration's condemnation of these policies, to suggest that Israelis don't trust Trump because he supports Iran (?!?) is absurd.

Also, shaming everybody who disagrees with you by calling them racist sexist homophibic xenophobic Islamaphobic deplorables is getting pretty old.

I didn’t say Israelis don’t trust trump, I live in Israel and I know that lots of them love him. I said Israel’s intelligence community, much like America’s intelligence community, doesn’t trust him. Not the same thing.

And I’m talking specifically about fox’s twitter buds, not everyone who disagrees with me.

Fox

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:36 am
Sadie wrote:
I’m not going to list his horrible policies because I’m sure you agree with them, so it would be pointless. But yes, we are experiencing a nightmare that will cause national soul searching for generations to come. Our democracy is crumbling around us like so much Trump(tm) brand asbestos imported from Russia.

By the way, do any of you trump bootlickers give a single hoot about the environment? Are you paying attention to what he’s doing to the EPA, national parks, our air and water? Do you all really think climate change is a Chinese hoax? Do you think that coal is sustainable? Do you think that unmitigated deregulation is actually good? Do you not realize that deregulation is really good for making rich companies richer and really bad for our kids and grandkids health? (Trump of course is pro deregulation *except* when it comes to petty personal grudges, which is why he recently said he wants to regulate google)

Do you not care about Puerto Rico? Do you not realize they’re American citizens? Do you think that throwing paper towels at them and calling the mayor of San Juan “nasty” while she literally walks through waist deep water to look for survivors an appropriate response to a national disaster? Do you think it’s okay that trump claimed that 64 people died as a result of the hurricane when the actual number is closer to 3,000? (The same as 9/11)

Do you not care that trump’s disastrous tarrifs mean billions and billions of dollars of *welfare* going to American farmers or do people only care about welfare when they see their neighbor using her EBT card at the grocery while pushing a bugaboo?

For anyone in need of evidence for my 10:40 p.m. post, I present Exhibit A. I lost track of all the name-calling in that last paragraph!

The last time I witnessed this much bile dripping from a post was when Kathy Griffin kept tweeting back increasingly nasty stuff at journalist Chadwick Moore.

Though he might or might not have accused her of taking out on him her anger at "the midget heiress of CNN who'd thrown her under the bus."

And why pick on Kevin Sorbo? It's not enough that he lost the role of Fox Mulder by a whisker and got s-xually harassed by Gianni Versace? I'm not sure how he fits into this conversation, but I feel like he's suffered enough.

As it happens, I can respond to each of your "Do you care" arguments when I have a chance, and I can probably even do so without calling you names!

Sadie

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 12:47 am
Fox wrote:
For anyone in need of evidence for my 10:40 p.m. post, I present Exhibit A. I lost track of all the name-calling in that last paragraph!

The last time I witnessed this much bile dripping from a post was when Kathy Griffin kept tweeting back increasingly nasty stuff at journalist Chadwick Moore.

Though he might or might not have accused her of taking out on him her anger at "the midget heiress of CNN who'd thrown her under the bus."

And why pick on Kevin Sorbo? It's not enough that he lost the role of Fox Mulder by a whisker and got s-xually harassed by Gianni Versace? I'm not sure how he fits into this conversation, but I feel like he's suffered enough.

As it happens, I can respond to each of your "Do you care" arguments when I have a chance, and I can probably even do so without calling you names!

Come on fox, you’re a big girl, grow a thicker skin! I know bile and name calling and online meanies don’t actually bother you because you find it absolutely delightful when it comes from people like that lovable scamp Milo, oh yes he’s naughty all right, tut tut, but so much fun!

Fox

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 1:04 am
Sadie wrote:
Come on fox, you’re a big girl, grow a thicker skin! I know bile and name calling and online meanies don’t actually bother you because you find it absolutely delightful when it comes from people like that lovable scamp Milo, oh yes he’s naughty all right, tut tut, but so much fun!

#WarAndLaughter

The formula doesn't work if you forget the laughter.

merelyme

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 4:24 am
This thread has been locked due to unacceptable name-calling, most notably by two specific posters.
You've lost a lot of respect in my eyes.
Oh, and name-calling is not allowed on this site. If you think someone is a troll, report it. Don't write that, and worse, on the thread.

Kudos to those who maintained a respectful discussion of ideas, whichever side you're on.

Here's wishing a kesivah vachasimah tovah and a very sweet year to all.
Page 13 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  11  12  13 Recent Topics