Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How can I become not afraid of anything?

thegiver

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:38 pm
Things like fire
Strangers
Being taken advantage of
Theft
Antisemitism
Particularly things involving safety
Death
Suffering
Pain

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:24 am
This will sound trite but it's true because I have been there.

Become more afraid of missing out n making a connection with Hashem. Realize that all of the things you listed have no power. Only He has power. And He loves you and everything He does is ltova.

Check out Esther Wein on torahanytime.com.

Fear is the root of all evil.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:44 am
Work on your emunah and bitochon. I have fears just like any other human. When I go into a situation I am afraid of I tell hashem that he is in charge and I trust him fully. What is meant to happen will happen. It’s a work in progress. But with working on trusting hashem it gets easier.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 1:46 am
Fear is useful. It protects us from doing stupid, reckless and dangerous things. The challenge is to trust that usually, everything will be fine.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:53 am
It's good to be afraid of these things because that will cause you to take proper action to protect yourself. However, I get the sense that you're asking how you can stop worrying about these things excessively. Is that so?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 9:17 am
OP, you have to be afraid of these things, if not you might end up doing something dangerous.
Who isn't afraid of all things you listed?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 9:49 am
If the fear is limiting your life and effecting your functioning, you can try the Emunah and Bitachon route (really, every person, even if not bothered by fear needs to do that) but if it's not enough, therapy can be very helpful and allow you to live a full and happy life.

mirror

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 3:02 pm
My biggest fear are damages caused by other people in my life. (Damages to self, children, spouse, self-esteem, reputation, monetary etc.) I keep telling myself that no one can touch a hair on your head unless it was decreed by Above. I know there's a saying by our sages but I don't recall the exact words.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics