Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss 10 week challenge
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Cheiny

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "Tanya"? A diet plan?

She supposedly a nutritionist and has a line of her own foods sold in many stores.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:59 am
Cheiny wrote:
She supposedly a nutritionist and has a line of her own foods sold in many stores.

Just FYI there was a whole thing this summer. But Yael requested for legal purposes we are not allowed to talk about Tanya.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 11:00 am
Starting today
So far
Breakfast 2 eggs, fried in 1 TBSP coconut oil
2 oz cheese, coffee, 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
12 oz water

Hungry,but I’m trying to push till lunch

Lunch will be
6 oz ground beef
Big green salad
2 TBSP tehina

Dinner
3 chicken thighs
Big green salad
Broccoli
Olive oil on salad

Planning on drinking 80oz of water

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 3:31 pm
Cheiny wrote:
How are you not hungry after that tiny dinner you had?

So funny you ask that, It was actually so filling. My shakshuka I normally make flopped so my dh decided to eat something else. So we had like a dozen eggs in it and a whole can of tomatoes and an onion, so I ate all the tomatoes and onions which were delicious and my kids ate some but there were a lot of eggs left. (Overcooked so I just ate the yolks with all the tomatoes and onions) so it really filled me up!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 4:03 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Breakfast: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Lunch: 3 rice cakes, peanut butter
Snack: cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 rice cakes, peanut butter
Dinner: steamed chicken, white rice, broccoli
1 hour work out
Drank a few cups of water

Why do you eat 3x same thing?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 4:17 pm
Chocolate here I come! With such a name, of course cant resist!!
MY fasting sugar was crazy today! "267"!! Better buckle down!! With eating out by simchas every night, it was difficult!! Yest during day tried to watch but then at night by simcha......

TODAY:
bkfst: 1 slice ww bread. 1 sunny side up. 3 grape tomatoes. 1 small coffee with splenda.
Lunch:
Panini made from flax rollup sheet, garlic butter & cheese.
Snack will be apple or pear
Supper iyh:
Veg soup
Broiled chicken bottom
Baked broccoli spears

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 4:24 pm
Today I had polenta and cheese for breakast

Lunch was more sesame noodles

Snacks were cukes and tomatoes and trader joes baggies of nuts and fruit

Dinner tonight is tempeh taco bowls with rice, sauteed bell peppers maybe some cheese if I feel like it

Mix of water, tea, coffee today. My office is like a sauna so it encourages me to drink a ton of water which is really good. At home I am not as good about it.

I realized one day last week I was too tired and lazy to pack food for myself and ended up eating like 6 string cheeses that I keep at work. It was not filling and I felt super nauseous. It was my turning point moment to take my eating more seriously.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 5:58 pm
Kind of bombed today. Started off great. Major intense workout followed by swim. Ate half a honeydew with coffee for my late breakfast. Then got caught off guard, running around doing unexpected errands and found myself starving and had a slice of pizza. I gain just sniffing pizza so this is really not good. I don't know what to do about dinner either. Making way-off-limits food for my kids and DH and nothing too interesting to eat around here. Maybe I can get by with just a salad and a slice or two of my protein bread.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 6:57 pm
Lunch:
Panini made from flax rollup sheet, garlic butter & cheese

What's a flax roll up sheet?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 8:35 pm
Feel like dinner wasn't the best choice but still a pretty good day BH.

Breakfast- oatmeal topped with flax/chia/pumpkin seed/sunflower seeds, cinnamon, raisins, blueberries. An iced coffee with unsweetened almond milk.

Lunch-lettuce, peppers, tomatoes with chicken breast. And a banana.

Snack while making supper- a banana

Dinner- baked falafel with hummus and olive dip. A few pieces potatoes and a soy cutlet with a small pickle. I also made a cabbage and veggie soup I will probably eat when dh gets home from shul.

Water I had maybe 3 bottles today. It's quiet here, how is everyone doing?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:05 pm
Today was really good. Supper maybe wasn't the best, but everything else balanced out.
Breakfast: coffee, eggs, whole wheat matza
Lunch: thick, chunky vegetable soup, diet yogurt
Supper: hamburgers, 1 c pasta, cut up vegies
Snack: apple, grapes
Drank 9 cups water.
Most importantly wasn't hungry. I felt satisfied after I ate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:12 pm
Day three for me! Smile
Love the accountability! Very Happy

Breakfast
life cereal and milk
Lunch
salmon, 1 T light mayo with pickle (tartar sauce), 1/2 c butternut squash, 1 c broccoli, Apple
Snack
milkshake (1% milk, sugar, cocoa)
Dinner
baked schnitzel (about 7 oz), 1 1/4 c string beans, 1 1/4 c brown rice (it was so good, but so many calories!)
10 c water (might drink two more before bed)
Danced for ten minutes this morning.

I am a teacher, and it's much wait for me to diet during the school year. I have less down time for mindless noshing, and I'm not home in front of pantry all day.

I gained my weight during vacation. So happy you ladies are getting me back on track! Very Happy

pause

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:17 pm
This morning I saw a nice decrease on the scale! Yippee!!!

Last night I ended up eating an apple at night.

Today I had
Breakfast: Hot cocoa and granola
Snack: cashews
Lunch: 2 WW crackers, huge vegetable salad, teaspoon each of techina and chummus
Supper: Split pea carrot soup, chicken cutlet, roasted vegetables. The problem was that I also ate one kid's leftovers in addition to my own portion.

Now at night I was craving more food, so I just finished drinking a huge tea. Now I'm done.

I also went brisk-walking today for 22 minutes. (That's how much time I had; better this than nothing.) The weather was so crisp and autumn, so my walk was really refreshing!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:11 pm
sirel wrote:
I'm sorry if I offended you. I read your threads about your weight loss journey and I found it fascinating.
We have currently 2 threads talking about keto and low carb diets.
This thread is specifically about the 10 week weight loss challenge- menus, tips, tricks, and challenges.
, and I'd like to keep it on topic.

So this thread is for non low carb dieters only? I still have 120 pounds to lose.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
Lunch:
Panini made from flax rollup sheet, garlic butter & cheese

What's a flax roll up sheet?

I buy it in supermarket. Company bake sense.
It's 11g carb. 6 g fiber. 2 g sugar. 7g protein. 80 calories. It's like a wrap made from flaxseeds. They also have an option of whole wheat. It's perforated in half for portion control. I smeared it with garlic butter. Placed a slice of American cheese inside, rolled it up & place into George Forman grill till cheese melted. Very good.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:21 pm
So last night I ended up eating a ices which I shouldn’t have hope better for tonight.
Breakfast Cheerios and milk
Snack apple
Lunch tuna wrap and ice coffee
Snack half a say cheese cheesecake
Supper broccoli soup chicken bottom and cauliflower
Some almonds

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:27 pm
I wanna cry, I came up here this morning to confess and then I was so upset that I cheated. I had eaten the garlic bread and salad at 11 and then didn't eat till the wedding at 8. BIG BIG MISTAKE. My stomach was killing from hunger, I was in great company and just lost myself😣 but I'll still record what I ate. 2 little rolls, fish salad, soup, potatoes. Sweets... It's such a struggle when your surrounded by family BH and were eating out every night BH! Hope tommorow will be better. We're eating mid day and again evenings.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:31 pm
I want daily posts where everyone writes what they ate, cheats, water intake, exercise, at least for 3 weeks

Coffee with heavy cream x2 I don't measure, but it's still pretty dark brown.
lunch was a plate of tuna and egg salad (I don't measure but say 1/2 cup of each made with mayo.) I didn't make it. No idea how much was used.
broccoli with cheese. again. no idea how it was made. probably 2 cups. This is a high carb meal for me.

Dinner
8 oz burger out (at a place in lakewood called yapchik, where I had pre checked that there were things I could eat)
fried egg
crispy beef fry
sauteed onions
some grape tomatoes, onions, lettuce and pickle

No exercise. I have a desk job. I know, I am pathetic.

I drink a lot of water. Every day. I don't measure. I drink to my thirst. If I had to guess, I drink 60-80 ounces plus coffee and cream typically. I don't think I drank enough today though because Im about to pour my third 12 oz glass in the past half hour.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:32 pm
amother wrote:
I buy it in supermarket. Company bake sense.
It's 11g carb. 6 g fiber. 2 g sugar. 7g protein. 80 calories. It's like a wrap made from flaxseeds. They also have an option of whole wheat. It's perforated in half for portion control. I smeared it with garlic butter. Placed a slice of American cheese inside, rolled it up & place into George Forman grill till cheese melted. Very good.

That sounds delicious.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:40 pm
Lunch/breakfast one roll small peice lasagna potato soup with croutons.
Snack handfull choc chips
Dinner two fish sticks 5 tater tots peice zuchinni kugel
Snack coffee banana muffin

This is a good way to hold myself accountable. Hopefully tomorrow I will do better.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise