Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anybody done the ASM program for selling on Amazon,?
1  2  Next

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:56 am
Hi someone just told my husband about selling on Amazon and making a decent living at it. Was wondering if anybody did this course?this $5,000 which is a lot of money for us but we have a bit of money to invest and I looking for a business. It seems like they guarantee your money back even on your product if you follow all the rules. I'd like to hear feedback positive or negative. We actually know a number of people are making money doing this but I am still nervous. We really can't afford to fail at this.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:36 am
My DH is making a parnassa bH selling on amazon. All self taught.

You do NOT need a $5,000 course!

There are many cheap workshops offered throughout the year, and amazon seller online forums are FREE and full of all the info you need!

However, I wouldn’t recommend going into selling on amazon now unless you have a proprietary product. My DH business is 10 years old and has great infrastructure so is still making money, but it is getting much harder and the margins are constantly getting smaller.

Good luck!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:40 am
amother wrote:
My DH is making a parnassa bH selling on amazon. All self taught.

You do NOT need a $5,000 course!

There are many cheap workshops offered throughout the year, and amazon seller online forums are FREE and full of all the info you need!

However, I wouldn’t recommend going into selling on amazon now unless you have a proprietary product. My DH business is 10 years old and has great infrastructure so is still making money, but it is getting much harder and the margins are constantly getting smaller.

Good luck!

This.
No course needed.
Just lots of self education, talking to people in the biz, motivation and hard work.
Also trial and error. And you need to find good products.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:41 am
I'm an accountant. I don't sell on amazon, but I have a bunch of clients who do.
I'd estimate about 1 in 10 makes a living, 1 in 10 breaks even, and the rest are making losses and are usually out of the game within 2 years.
Don't put in money you can't afford to lose.

ladYdI

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:41 am
The ppl I know who are successful learned by working first for somebody else or just by you tube, google and trying to sell small stuff and slowly working their way up.
Would any of you know somebody who would let you sit with them and learn?
Maybe you can offer to work for somebody pro bono fir a few months while you learn but let them know your intentions, or maybe you can offer somebody who is doing well some money to teach you?
Hatzlacha

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:07 am
Hi we actually have someone that is very successful that is helping us. The thing about this ASM program is that they give you a money back guarantee and they even refund of the $500 if your product if you cannot sell it within a certain amount of time. The person that is helping my husband is doing well and he has a friend that is making $30 million a year. I think that is gross not net but he is clearly doing well. My husband is excellent at starting businesses but it is really eating up a lot of his time and we were looking to try something new that we could both be involved in. From our research it seems like people that do this course are more successful obviously we realize there is no guarantee but we would start with a very small investment to learn the ropes. people in our neighborhood also have a support group as there are a lot of them that are doing this and successful. These are people that my husband know so I was trying to get a feel for other people.I really appreciate all of this feedback so we can make an educated decision although we just signed up and paid for the course but if you cancel within 30 days there is a full refund. We feel like we don't have so much to lose in that case.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:09 am
A mother at lilac I would be curious to know if you happen to know if any of these people took this course in particular. It seems like the people that my husband has met that are successful all took this course instead of the other courses were not nearly as good and it most of the other people failed. I think also if you're spending $5,000 to invest in training it shows that you're a more serious person about this.I totally understand there's no guarantees I know there are no guarantees with anything in life! The honest feedback though is really helpful and will help us make a good choice at the end of 30 days.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:13 am
If anybody did the ASM program and to let me know if you were successful that would be the biggest help. Everyone we know that did the program succeeded and everyone that didn't did not succeed. But there was obviously just a few people I know doing this so trying to get a bigger Poll.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:23 am
My husband makes $250k a year and he’s totally self taught

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:32 am
Wow that is amazing and so good to hear. My husband doesn't feel that we can take the risk of being self-taught. I think we are going to give this a try and do it together. We are in RBS and there is a bunch of people doing this who really support each other and help each other which I think is huge. I was told that they have online support for each other as well as meet.there is actually a group of them going to China because they are so serious and so successful. I guess I am always much more cautious than him so I was trying to do my own due diligence. Not sure if this counts but I always get good feedback from imamother.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:36 am
What is the ASM course?

ladYdI

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:38 am
Hatzlacha to you and please keep us posted.
My husband is considering trying this so would love to here from more amazon ppl out there

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:09 pm
197 for a 7 module video course here: https://thesellingfamily.com/a.....-fba/

I don't see any reason to start with a $5000 course. Try an inexpensive course first unless you feel comfy teaching yourself everything (it's a lot!)--- make a decent amount of money and THEN see if you need to invest in further education.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:16 pm
ps-- other alternatives...

https://onemorecupof-coffee.co.....hine/

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
What is the ASM course?

Amazing Selling Machine

I have the same question as OP. I keep hearing this name come up often. One person advised me to just watch ASM's free youtube videos, although I'm not sure how successful that person is

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:03 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
197 for a 7 module video course here: https://thesellingfamily.com/a.....-fba/

I don't see any reason to start with a $5000 course. Try an inexpensive course first unless you feel comfy teaching yourself everything (it's a lot!)--- make a decent amount of money and THEN see if you need to invest in further education.

I would be wary of some of these courses.
The one you've linked to here is a huge promoter of retail arbitrage, though in reality it can often lead to suspension.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:50 pm
Does ASM teach you how to find a good product? For me, this is the hardest aspect of selling on Amazon. Other then that, I'm totally self taught, mainly by watching ALL training that Amazon provides and by asking Google any queries that come up.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:59 pm
Can someone please explain to me how this works? What exactly do you sell? How do you sell it for less than anyone else? Where do you get it??

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:59 pm
So we just started the training.what I can say is that the moderators are amazing and they have literally answered every question within a minutes time. that to us is huge because we really need somebody holding our hand and guiding us through this process. We were referred to the course by someone else who is doing it. I know he makes a commission but he has already spent hours with us answering all of our questions. He picks up the phone for us and he answers our emails also as soon as possible. He is actually heading to China today for a two-week visit to meet all the manufacturers because he is doing so well with it. as I said before we are in Israel and this is someone that we know and trust not just someone off the street. They also give you to one on one phone calls to help you finalize your product. I don't think this is a quick get your money scheme that it will take time to build up and we might lose money on the first product to get our ranking up. We are going about this very cautiously and learning everything we can from other sites as well. I really think because we are spending the extra money we are being much more cautious and spending much more time on it so for us I have a feeling it will save us money for making many many stupid mistakes in the long run.

Amarante

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:21 pm
I'm a skeptic by nature and this reminds me of all the courses in flipping houses that were promoted back before the real estate bust. Those who ran the courses made money through the courses rather than through flipping.

As was posted above, the issue is how to find a product that is marketable and competitive. If you have the product the rest in terms of listing and promotion etc. can be self taught or learned. It's really no different than making a money flipping houses - you make money by finding undervalued houses that can be renovated/made to look good for as little as possible and in a hot market, they sell for more than purchase plus renovation costs.

If he is going to give away his secrets of marketable products, then why isn't he selling them.

If you do have a unique marketable product, go ahead and sell it. I used to sell on EBAY - collectible jewelry and other items and the hard part was finding merchandise. That and of course the market completely collapsed when everyone started selling on Ebay and people realized they no longer had to pay high prices because there was so much stuff being sold.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics