Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Rinsing Hair In Bath
1  2  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:10 pm
My 2 yo son hates when I rinse his hair after washing it. I am righthanded and we have the faucet on the right so I can't effectively use the faucet to rinse him (he also wouldn't let me) so I end up putting a towel over his eyes and pouring water over his hair while he lays down. It is miserable for both of us. Ironically this method worked great until he turned about 12 or 18 months now he hates it. Anyone have a better way?

ahuva06

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:12 pm
I also struggle with washing my toddler's hair after shampoo. I try to distract them but it usually doesn't work... I just try to do it as fast as possible!

Teacher_EW

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:14 pm
For a while I used a sport cap water bottle to direct the stream away from dd's eyes. Now she is 4 and looks up while I quickly dump water on her head, making a barrier with my left hand to prevent it from getting in her eyes. It's still a constant "keep looking at the ceiling." Maybe put something like stickers or something on the ceiling so he is motivated to look up?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:14 pm
I just use the bath water and a cup.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
I just use the bath water and a cup.

That is absolutely gross.
Pouring the dirty bath water over the head.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:19 pm
I use a handheld shower. Best thing ever.

bzmom.

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:20 pm
I do it with the shower only, otherwise I'd be rinsing their clean hair with dirty water. Plus, with the shower I can control the water much more so it won't go in their eyes CHAS VESHOLOM Compress
Obviously only applicable if you have a handheld shower.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
That is absolutely gross.
Pouring the dirty bath water over the head.

Teach me something. Do kids also get rinsed off fully with tap water before they leave the tub?

lizard8

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:21 pm
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....aw.ds

We use this type of thing

bzmom.

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
Teach me something. Do kids also get rinsed off fully with tap water before they leave the tub?

Yes, I shower them fully before leaving.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:27 pm
Before he’s ready to leave the bath, I take out the dirty water and rinse him with clean water using the munchkin cup that bends so nothing gets in his eyes.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:28 pm
I've been rinsing my kids hair with the bath water for years & they're all clean kids. Unless they're full of mud & outside dirt, then they get showered.

cm

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:31 pm
We found a bath visor to be helpful, along with a cup to pour the water.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:31 pm
I use a large cup and fill it with water from the faucet. I tell him to look up to the bird, or elephant.... or whatever to distract him, and I pour it in his hair making sure it doesn’t go into his eyes. I found this to be he best method.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:36 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Shampoo.....?th=1

Safe Shampoo Shower Bathing Protection Soft Cap Hat for Toddler's, Baby ,Children & Kids to Keep the Water Out of Their Eyes & Face

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:06 pm
Good to know I'm not the only one who has this problem. My toddler screams and screams in the tub. We finally started showering him. I wish I had a handheld, but I don't and don't know how to install it. The protection cap totally didn't work, he kept taking it off his head. Now I just try to get him to go under the shower, sometimes have to kind of run him through so that the soap gets washed out.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
I've been rinsing my kids hair with the bath water for years & they're all clean kids. Unless they're full of mud & outside dirt, then they get showered.

I'll say it under my SN, same here! I usually washed their hair first so the water wasn't all soapy. I would lie them down and massage the shampoo out of their hair.
My kids are all big now and shower on their own but they all survived my terrible parenting of not rinsing their hair with fresh water. LOL

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:27 pm
My kids love holding a washcloth over their eyes while I shower their hair, each has their own color ( I got stacks of 'em in ikea), then we lather up the cloth with bodywash and they wash and get really soapy & yum smelling

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:32 pm
I use the "shower" thing

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 5:37 pm
We've used the visor and now have the indented cup thing. Very helpful. But I won't say that it's ever fun to wash someone else's hair while crouched over a tub. Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics