Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Saying Kapital Yud Gimmel Tehillim 13 times for Yeshua
1  2  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 12:25 am
Hi

Wasnt sure which topic this comes under.

We get multiple weekly jewish advertisment flyers put thru our letterbox and most weeks some ppl have taken advertising space to say they "said kapital 13 tehillim 13 times for 13 days and had a great yeshua".

I have googled this and asked friends and family but cant find any info about this.

Does anyone know about this?
Is it a segula?
Is there a source?
Have you done it?
How does it work?
What is it for?
What was your yeshua if it worked?

Today is 13 Cheshvan so was thinking of doing it if there is any source or more info...

Thank you for your time.

(PS. Yes I know davening is a 'segula' in itself, Im not asking about that, thanks)

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 2:55 am
Utter nonsense and stinks of belief in “magic”. Steer clear of any act other than Teshuva Tefilla uTzedaka that promises yeshuos, Hashem isn’t a trained puppy that when you clap your hands twice he rolls over, you wave your arms overhead he stands on his hind legs.

ssspectacular

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:07 am
I have heard of this segulah and know people that do it and have done it myself. Whether it works, I do not know, but I would definitely try it. What can you lose?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 4:37 am
amother wrote:
Utter nonsense and stinks of belief in “magic”. Steer clear of any act other than Teshuva Tefilla uTzedaka that promises yeshuos, Hashem isn’t a trained puppy that when you clap your hands twice he rolls over, you wave your arms overhead he stands on his hind legs.

Dear Amother Crimson and those that have liked said comment,

Im not sure why you have commented on something that you obviously have no knowledge of. Im requesting knowledge in order to understand.

You are coming across to me as quite arrogant and patronising, and must not have noted my comment in brackets.

I would never dream of imagining Hashem as a trained puppy. I'm not even sure why you made the analogy.

Judaism is full of things we don't understand. Kabbalah exists. Davening at Kevers exists (obviously not davening to the person but asking them to beseech Hashem on our behalf). Getting brochos from those greater than us exists. Etc.

I sincerely hope you never feel the need to resort to anything other than Teshuva, Tefillah and Tzedokah and that Hashem answers you with favour.

Kindest regards
OP.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 4:38 am
well said Op

I have heard of it from a friend but no source

hatzlocha

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 4:43 am
ssspectacular wrote:
I have heard of this segulah and know people that do it and have done it myself. Whether it works, I do not know, but I would definitely try it. What can you lose?

Thanks very much for your response.

Of course I realise there is no guarenteed yeshua, I am just looking for more info as above.

Please could you elaborate what to do and if there is a source? How did you hear about it?

Many thanks

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 4:56 am
I'm not big on segulas but tehillim is tefillah and tefillah is known to work. Maybe read 13 in English to see if the words resonate with receiving a yeshuah. Lots of tehillim has specific themes to them.

ssspectacular

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 5:30 am
I think this minhag comes from the Skulener Rebbe.
Thanks for reminding me. I just said the kapitel 13 times with name of person who needs yeshua first.

mom!

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 6:35 am
I have heard about saying 13 people saying perek yud gimmel 13 times on yom yud gimmel is a segulah for shidduchim. I'm not sure how, but I became the person in charge in our family. I can't tell you if it is true BUT I got engaged around yum gimmel, I had my first baby on yud gimmel (when I was supposed to be induced weeks before) one aunt who always helps me out married off her first on yud gimmel, another aunt who was involved when we started daughter got engaged on yud gimmel. I can't say for sure, but nothing is coincident.

carnation

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 6:36 am
I'm not sure about saying it 13 times, but I did say 13 one time (only) each day for about a year and saw a big yeshua.

DD needed a shidduch at a time when my family was terribly besmirched (with total lies, but everyone literally believed). If you would know all specific details, you would understand that finding a good shidduch really seemed impossible. I was going through a very rough time and simply didn't have the time to say more tehillim. I felt that saying 13 once, was what I could do and the rest I left up to Hashem.

These days I say 13 each day as a way of thanking Hashem for a true miracle. DD married the most wonderful husband. The couple is BH very happy. When I take into account all the details and the sequence of events, I am in awe. This was a true miracle.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 10:40 am
Thank you for all your replies, much appreciated.

This interested me as it is tehillim, I.e a tefillah, just like perek shira and shir hashirim are (I mention these as they also have 'timebound segulas', which again I do not know the sources for, but find them more well known than this one).

I know the number 13 is a good in Judaism I.e. 13 Attributes of Hashem etc.

I'd still love to hear if anyone else has anything to add.

Thank you,
OP.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 2:30 pm
Hi

Just wondered if anyone else had anymore info on kapitel 13 please?

I also heard today about saying Nishmas Kol Chai for 40 days, has anyone got more info on that? I like the sound of this too as it seems like a beautiful tefillah to say.

Many thanks
OP.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 3:21 pm
The source comes from the Matok Midvash, which was written by Rabbi Doniel Frisch zt"l(apparently a rebbe of R Gamliel Rabinovitch) .

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:
Dear Amother Crimson and those that have liked said comment,

Im not sure why you have commented on something that you obviously have no knowledge of. Im requesting knowledge in order to understand.

You are coming across to me as quite arrogant and patronising, and must not have noted my comment in brackets.

I would never dream of imagining Hashem as a trained puppy. I'm not even sure why you made the analogy.

Judaism is full of things we don't understand. Kabbalah exists. Davening at Kevers exists (obviously not davening to the person but asking them to beseech Hashem on our behalf). Getting brochos from those greater than us exists. Etc.

I sincerely hope you never feel the need to resort to anything other than Teshuva, Tefillah and Tzedokah and that Hashem answers you with favour.

Kindest regards
OP.

Kabbala "exists". Davening at kevarim "exist". Getting brochos "exist". Doing segulos "exist". Do we have any reason to say that those doing the above are having any more success in achieving their desired results than those that don't involve themselves in these things? Is parnassa, health, shidduchim, and fertility better by those who daven at kevarim or get brochos? It certainly doesn't seem so. So when you say these things exist, how do you define "exist"? I suppose you can say that people do all these things but you would have a hard time demonstrating any type of measurable results.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Kabbala "exists". Davening at kevarim "exist". Getting brochos "exist". Doing segulos "exist". Do we have any reason to say that those doing the above are having any more success in achieving their desired results than those that don't involve themselves in these things? Is parnassa, health, shidduchim, and fertility better by those who daven at kevarim or get brochos? It certainly doesn't seem so. So when you say these things exist, how do you define "exist"? I suppose you can say that people do all these things but you would have a hard time demonstrating any type of measurable results.

As opposed to results for sticking with the standard tefilla as per Anshei Knesses Hagedolah?
We don't daven for the results. Though we know that the Only One we can really ask for our needs is listening. We just don't know how the tefillos will be processed and filed up there, so we focus on davening for the connection.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 6:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
As opposed to results for sticking with the standard tefilla as per Anshei Knesses Hagedolah?
We don't daven for the results. Though we know that the Only One we can really ask for our needs is listening. We just don't know how the tefillos will be processed and filed up there, so we focus on davening for the connection.

It's hard to argue we don't daven for a result. When we daven for cholim, are we not davening for a result? Same for parnassah, shidduchim and any other hardship we may be going thru. We daven and ask hadhem to make it better.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:29 pm
Of course we daven for results. And we do see many yeshuos! Nothing can be proven. Maybe what you see as red, I see as blue..

But if our great forefathers believed that davening helps, then I believe too. And I rely on it a lot. And I can say I've seen true miracles.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:46 am
amother wrote:
Kabbala "exists". Davening at kevarim "exist". Getting brochos "exist". Do we have any reason to say that those doing the above are having any more success in achieving their desired results than those that don't involve themselves in these things? Is parnassa, health, shidduchim, and fertility better by those who daven at kevarim or get brochos? It certainly doesn't seem so. So when you say these things exist, how do you define "exist"? I suppose you can say that people do all these things but you would have a hard time demonstrating any type of measurable results.

You are replying off topic to a post that is 5 months old.

But I will try and answer as you are addressing me (OP).

Firstly and foremost, neither of us are Hashem. It is ONLY Hashem who truly knows the answers to the questions you pose.

I am not here to make judgements on how Hashem runs the world.

You have no proof whether people do or do not do these things and no way to judge whether the outcomes are "better". You have no proof of whether or how people daven for these things. You have no proof of peoples zechus avos for these things. And you have no proof of what happens behind closed doors.

Soroh Imainu, Rochel Imainu and Chana davened for years and years for children. Were their prayers irrelevant in your view?

The Avos gave their children brochos, were these brochos irrelevant in your view?

Yosef cried at his mother’s kever before going to Mitzrayim (Sefer ha-Yashar); Before being exiled, the Jewish people wept at Kever Rachel (Rashi, Vayechi 48:7); Kalev prayed at Me’oras ha-Machpeilah before confronting the spies (Sotah 34b). Indeed the Talmud has many sources regarding visting kevarim in times of tribulation. Are all these irrelevant in your view?

We have no idea how Hashem runs the world. You may think you can make connections to situations and get your answer, but truthfully we have no idea of the Master Plan.

Finally, I'm a strong believer in Hashem. I admit I have no idea of the Master Plan. But we do know Hashem loves us and our tefillios and so if there are different tefillos to try, I am all for trying. Because at the end of the day I know Hashem loves me and I love Him and however I daven, I hope it is accepted with love.

Sleepymama

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:01 am
Wow. That was really beautiful.
It gave me new chizuk to daven.
Thank you for writing this out.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:21 am
Well fwiw I somehow came across this thread 14 days ago and based on it davened the kapitel 13 13 times for 13 days which finished yesterday. Then today I found that the thread had been bumped. This gave me some chizzuk. I try to say "worst case scenario at least I have said a lot of Tehilim, which is of course a good thing". But hopefully we will do way better than the worst case scenario.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics