Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Las Vegas Trip Notes

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 7:23 pm
I will be travelling to LV next month and would like to hear from those who have been. Any tips, ideas or recommendations?

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
I will be travelling to LV next month and would like to hear from those who have been. Any tips, ideas or recommendations?

With kids? How old?

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 8:11 pm
No kids. Just my hub and I.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 8:20 pm
We went to the grand canyon, the closest one to vegas. Wasn't too far, has the glass bridge lookout. Spent a whole day there. Another day we walked up and down the strip into all the cool hotels, shopping, and a cirque DE soleil show at night. There's a few kosher eateries nearby have to take a car tho, can't walk.....we also did the ferris wheel called the eye. Some nice hikes on the desert area.

doctorima

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:37 pm
https://forums.dansdeals.com/I.....914.0
https://www.tripadvisor.com/At......html

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 9:51 pm
I enjoyed a day trip to The Valley of Fire. It's known as the Grand Canyon of Nevada.

When I was there years ago there was an exhibit on the Titanic that was being shown in the Luxor. It was really fascinating.

Visiting the hotels is fun itself. The Venetian and The Bellagio etc

Moonlight

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 10:58 pm
Hiking in red rock canyon - calico tanks trail was amazing
Also hidden railroad trail near
Hoover dam - amazing

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:08 am
In LV right now. Walking around is interesting...... kosher restaurants are farther that I thought. So far we ate at Ace of steaks. Here for work so not much time for fun but will IYH see the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon next week.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 11:12 am
We went to Vegas twice, once with my baby and once w/o. We watched a Micheal Jackson show that was really good. They have a aquarium in one of the hotels as well as a pretty interesting small zoo with tigers etc. Even just walking down the strip is entertaining. There's a beautiful fountain show at Bellagio hotel, which we stayed in. I love going there for the fact that you always have what to do. Depending on where your staying though. We were right on the strip so when u exit there's aton of action.
They have hypnosis show in one of the malls. Not free. Etc
.. so much to do. Enjoy Smile

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 3:00 pm
I'm also going soon, what hotel is nice to stay at?

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 3:10 pm
Avoid the Circus (few amenities, everything is an add-on). We stayed at the marriott grand chateau. Very decent.

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:34 pm
amother wrote:
I'm also going soon, what hotel is nice to stay at?

It depends on your budget. Most of them are nice. For a first-time visitor, I'd recommend staying on the Strip if you want to be in the heart of the action, unless you will be put off by all the pritzus everywhere, in which case you should NOT stay on the Strip.

Sara89

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 5:02 pm
if you stay at the Venetian, there’s a kosher coffee bean in the hotel!

Moonlight

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 6:01 pm
I'm pretty sure coffee bean lost hechshers

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:29 pm
OP here, we went sooner than expected.
We stayed at the Four Seasons (in the Mandalay Bay Hotel). It was perfect. First hotel on the strip so we took an uber to get to the main area. Just enough 'out of it' that it was calm. Beautiful hotel, AMAZING staff.

We rented harleys and went to Red Rock Canyon. Stunning, not too far- about half hour. Approx a 3-4 hour trip total. We then drove for another hour in the other direction to the Hoover dam. Also nice to see, but it was very packed. Definitely not a must see.

Food: We went to Coffee Bean for breakfast and got from their premade salads and sandwiches for lunch. They still have their hechsher. Good food. Greek Salad was the bomb.
Dinner we went one day to Ace of Steaks and one day to Jerusalem Grill. Both 5 star rating. They are abt a 20 min drive from the strip.

We went to Fremont street one night. Not impressed. It smelled, was dirty and just had a very slum like feel.

Shopping in the Ceasar is great plus it's nice to walk around.

Bellagio fountains are a must see, esp. At night.

There is a coffee bean in the airport, also had some kosher pre wrapped refrigerator items but no hot kosher food.

All in all, it was fun. 2 days was a perfect amount of time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics