Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling when pregnant

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:40 am
We are hopefully going to do some fertility treatments and if all goes as planned I hope to be pregnant by March/April time. We are thinking of going on vacation in May out of the country doing some touring of the world. Is that very difficult to do when pregnant? What would I have to consider if traveling to other countries when pregnant?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:15 pm
I was so nauseous at just a few weeks pregnant and it continued until the day I gave birth. I could barely drive to the supermarket, let alone get to the airport and get on a plane. You really don't know how you will feel.
There are also things like Zika to consider.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:18 pm
Respectfully: with fertility treatments, take it one day at a time. Meaning: hope for the best by don’t plan for pregnancy. (That said I don’t like booking travel 6 months in advance anyway)

simba

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 12:19 pm
I travel all the time when pregnant. Make sure the countries you are traveling to don’t have Zika or the likes. You will either be nauseous or not.
You can always check with your OB and make sure all is safe.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:28 pm
Echoing the comments of some above me- I just prefer to book travel a bit less in advance at this stage.

I Bh recently got pregnant after a year of ttc. And we are now going to plan a vacation in January with that in mind. I would not have booked before because what if treatment took longer etc ( I had to deal with really annoying monitoring because I didn’t realize that things don’t always go according to schedule)

That being said, Zika is a concern regardless

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:36 pm
Always check with your dr if it’s okay to fly. Sometimes the first few weeks are the most risky.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:41 pm
I traveled pregnant this summer. Plane. I was like 34 weeks? I felt so bad arriving, crampy and exhausted, I almost fainted. Not worth it. Also the plane was one of those oldies were you land on the tarmac and have to deal with the stairs. HORRIBLE.

wow

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:42 pm
Echoing what was said above... With fertility treatments you need to take it one day at a time. You really can't plan so far in advance.

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:59 pm
I went on vacation with my husband during early pregnancy and was miserable. Yes, it was nice not to be Niddah for any of it, but I had no energy to do anything fun, got carsick constantly, and had a very hard time with not having my usual foods available.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:37 pm
OP, I wouldnt be surprised if your doctor will not allow you to travel in the first trimester. It can be more risky than mid pregnancy. Wait till you're up to there to do your planning. You can't know how you'll feel, you might have to lay...

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:47 pm
No two women have the same pregnancy.

I have one friend who was posting on Facebook that she was baking challah while in labor, complete with a picture of her in the kitchen, smiling! Three hours later she posted again, that she was back home with her new baby boy. She's like that with all of her babies.

Another friend has hyperemesis for all of her pregnancies. She can't keep anything down, and is on bed rest for the second and third trimesters, with an IV and a PIC line in. At one point they were talking about putting in a feeding tube. B'H she has 6 kids, and every single pregnancy was like that.

And there's any variation in between. IYH you should get pregnant quickly, and all should go smoothly, with a happy and healthy baby. That's the important thing. Still, there's no way to predict how things will be for you, until they happen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics