Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp for 12 yo coming to Israel in the summer

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 9:35 am
My parents want to come to israel to visit us in the summer. however, they need s\t, camp or otherwise, for my sister, who will be 12 then, to do. it can be just half day but they can't come just to have her sit on the couch all day. the touristy programs for americans are way too expensive. if anyone knows of a\t in y-m, please post soon as they want to book tickets as soon as possible.

Gela

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 12:59 pm
I would also be very interested in camps for kids (girls) over 12. I've looked into camps and have only found programs for young kids or in scouts and we would like an Israeli program other than Scouts.

Thanks.

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 1:34 pm
What is scouts? How much is it? where is it located?

Gela

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 1:48 pm
This is the best I could find online: http://www.chetz-vkeshet.org.I.....html. Israel Scouts, it's sort of like a youth group by neighborhood, all different levels of observance and diverse population according to where your scout troup is. The kids get together throughout the year so it is a tight group and I've been told that it would be difficult for an outsider to break into. Hebrew only. Though we speak Hebrew fluently, we are looking for other avenues, maybe a museum program or nature program.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 1:52 pm
In Israel, day camps don't start getting organized until the middle or end of May, if you are lucky. If you want an American program there is one at kibbutz shluchot mixed boys and girls (sleep away for three weeks). The OU has a camp, sleep away separate for Boys and Girls. There is a possibility you can get info on Shluchot's camp at this time of year, but no other camp that I know of. The OU will come out with info some time around Pesach. I know this isn't what you are looking for, but the summer scene in Israel is quite diff than that in the States. What day camps DO exist usually start right after school is out (that would be on July 1st, or as close to it as possible if it's Shabbat) and go for three weeks. That is the standard available day camp here.

HooRYou

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 2:31 pm
There are definitely lots of camps here, but as someone mentioned they usually don't start advetsiing until much closer to the summer. It might help to know what kind atmosphere you are looking for in a camp, (American, BY, kibbutz, etc.) or if she is interested in something specific (performing arts, writing etc.) and where she be staying if she is not looking for an overnight camp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children