Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Bothered by Beards?
Previous  1  2

How do you feel about dh's beard?
Are you kidding? I love it!  
 27%  [ 39 ]
Eh, whatever...never thought about it. It is what it is.  
 29%  [ 42 ]
It really bothers me  
 17%  [ 25 ]
He doesnt have one but I wish he did  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Bh he's clean shaven! Sefira is hard enough  
 21%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 141

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
I am chassidish and always grew up that men have beards and in my famiky nobody trims it. Dh beard got a bit longer so he tucks it under with a small pony rubber. I love the way he looks. I dont like the clean shaven look. Do ppl generally attract to opposite relations from their circles only? Like I would never find a non chassidish clean shaven man attractive. Does that make sense or am I weird?

I think that’s human nature. I do happen to be chassidish, and prefer the clean-shaven look (I feel like a beard totally ruins intimacy) but it’s not even up for discussion so too bad.
But I think I am the exception. People tend to like what they grew up with I think.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:32 am
I hate the way it feels. Made him use conditioner. Helped somewhat.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:33 am
my husband had a beard when we were dating. BH, because without it he would have looked like he was 14. He is now 32 and grew his beard a drop longer, and I love it. He is very skinny, on the shorter side, and very little body hair. but his beard is very thick and full. I like that it makes him look like a man. His beard isn't too rough, it's pretty soft, so that doesnt bother me either.

perquacky

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:32 am
I don't love it, but he does, and it's his face, so it's his choice.
Heck, if I decided I wanted to grow one, he couldn't stop me.

iluvy

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:38 am
perquacky wrote:
I don't love it, but he does, and it's his face, so it's his choice.
Heck, if I decided I wanted to grow one, he couldn't stop me.

Smile I always tell my husband that if he grows a beard, I will too

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
My husband also has that s-xy trimmed beard, they’re so 2018, it’s all over. Clean shaven is something from the past. I always loved it and don’t think would let him clean shave even 10 yrs ago.
[

Not really.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:10 am
iluvy wrote:
Smile I always tell my husband that if he grows a beard, I will too
LOL
OMG! I'm going to use that line on DH next time he jokes about growing one LOL

I'm extremely sensory so no beard on DH. After a few days of no shaving during the three weeks I can't kiss him anymore Speechless

DVOM

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:18 am
My husband has stubble. Its really short, so don't know if it can even be called a beard. I don't have very strong feelings about it either way.

Metukah

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:26 am
I voted the first option but really it's between the first and second.

I love the way dh looks in a beard. He has a non trimmed but not very long, neat round beard. If it was huge and messy or 'pointy' I would hate it. If he did have a huge beard I would make him trim it, even though chassidim don't usually.

I prefer the look of a man with a little facial hair. When my brother clean shaves I think he looks awful. IMHO men look better with a tiny beard than with none at all.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:17 pm
I love the look of a neatly trimmed beard. I think it's so manly and attractive.
We grew up chassidish but are not very right wing anymore. But dh still dresses the part.
He trims his beard with a thinning shears so it's not long but doesn't have a trimmed look.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:42 pm
I like the look of a short trimmed beard.. I hate hate the feeling of long facial hair during intimacy... It kills the mood for me. Sefirah and the 3 weeks are such a mood killer for me. It's horrible! I feel like beard hair is too similar in texture to public hair and... Eiw lol not long on the face please! Dont know

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:36 pm
We're chassidish so my husband has a beard. Never shaved or trimmed it, so it's soft. (scratchy beards come from trimming)
I voted the second one, because I don't think into it much, but I do like his beard.
It's not long, it's very full, and a nice shape. Sometimes he tucks it under but usually just lets it the way it is.

After a shower, in bed, it's soft and cozy Smile
I'm glad he doesn't shave, I think it would be too scratchy to kiss (unless it was a very fresh shave) but I do think the stubble look is very s-xy. But just for looking at it, not feeling it...

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
My husband also has that s-xy trimmed beard, they’re so 2018, it’s all over. Clean shaven is something from the past. I always loved it and don’t think would let him clean shave even 10 yrs ago.

One thing I’d never thought u hear on a frum site is I love the beard because it’s in fashion now.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:42 pm
Hate beards- they’re gross. Like previous poster they remind me too much of pubic hair. Luckily my husband shaves. He looks much older when He grows one during sefirah.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:48 pm
My husband grew a trimmed beard a few years ago, kind of because I wanted him to. I like how it looks, and to me the feel of it is much better than 3 day stubble. My husband used to shave only once a week, and that was much scratchier to me.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 9:31 pm
I voted the 1st choice. I think a trimmed beard is very flattening on my dh, but for intimacy purposes it does limit stuff a little bit. I still prefer him bearded though.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics