Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How did you get over financial “stress”?
Previous  1  2

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
I made the min pymt by cc to keep electricity on with payment plan. I couldnt let the electricity down. He was to use his nebulizer 3x a day for his pneumonia. So first delayed to worry about payment when cc bill will arrive. Being busy with sickness impacts our income, hub can't work all the time because he takes my child for his outpatient appts, I can't work because child is home & have to care for him. 3 days of the last week, hub spent with my child in hosp

Do you need rides to the hospital? Are you in nyc?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 5:16 pm
Thanks. When hub goes he drives. When I go I call chesed. Bh. he's home now.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 5:24 pm
It's very difficult. Do you qualify for medicaid or Obama care or help to pay phone or utility bills? If you have kids you often can have a substantial income and still get help. It's just me and hubby and teenager who works enough to disqualify himself from everything and after huge hassles of applying, drum roll please, we qualify for nothing. Only Obama care which is cheaper than our previous insurance but we are using savings to pay the mortgage (we are both severely underemployed at the moment).

the whole situation is quite humiliating. Many hugs from here and hope things get better quickly.

DVOM

Post Mon, Dec 17 2018, 7:56 pm
I'm so sorry, OP. This sounds really hard. My husband has been in school full time for the past four years. During the school semesters, he leaves at 5 am and is home around 11. He makes no income. I have been working full time to support us while he earns his degree. It's not easy. When you say 'the house wasn't being run properly' I think I know what you mean because I live with this every day. Many days, I feel like butter stretched over too much bread (to borrow from Tolkien:). There just isn't enough of me to go around. I've made a conscious decision to let some things go. Dinners are the bare minimum in terms of both cost and effort (tonight, grilled cheese with a side of cereal and milk!). Homework is done, but not done very well. Laundry is done, but not folded. The floors get swept but mopped only once a week unless we have a very sticky spill. It would be such a relief to stop working or at least to cut back on my hours a bit, to be able to focus on my family and my home and myself. But our financial reality is that I must work or our bills wont get paid.

I agree with the poster who suggested going back to work. Your husband sounds completely maxed out, which means your financial reality is that you must work, or your bills won't get paid. By not working, you solved one problem, the house not running well, but traded for a bigger one, having no money to pay your bills. It's not fun, but unless you have a wealthy family member somewhere who can bail you guys out with a monthly stipend until your husband's training is complete, you are all you've got.

mom of three bh

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 1:40 am
A mother seagreen,hugs to you!and may your child have a very sweet recovery! Just wondering if you are aware of the many amazing organizations available for you. They will stay with your child or send you supper or help financially, or customize a plan to go you in whichever way you need. You will gain so much. Pm for details

mom of three bh

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 1:56 am
A mother seagrpeen hugs to you! There are so many wonderful organizations who can help you I! Huge toy packages hot meals fr family of pat, adorable volunteers to stay with child or any way you need help theyare there. They help families of cancer patients rock and put alike and are completely confidential. Om for details
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics