Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
At what age considered normal to send a child to play at nei
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:30 am
Surrendered wrote:
Is the mother aware that the child is wandering off to you? Is she actually sending off the child often without asking you? She might not even know the kid runs over to you. If you don't want the kid at a certain time, just send him back home.

Yes the mother is quite aware, she’s the one opening their door for him!

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
Yes the mother is quite aware, she’s the one opening their door for him!

And if she isn’t aware where her toddler is then that’s not very normal either

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:30 pm
In general I'm not overprotective of my kids, I let them do some things that other parents wont....
But I live in a building and don't allow my 2 yr old to wander around the building. I've had my 2 yrs in my own house take medication on his/her own (yes climbed onto my the counter...), put things into their mouths and ect....I don't know what's out in radom apt in the building (even sucking candy's for that age is not great other older kids have give things like that out to everyone shabbos afternoon). Or who - we have aids for older people and and delivery people coming in and out. And no ones ever had a two year old see the door to outside and decide to go out to wait for tatty or somthing? (Am I the only one with such kids?) From age 3.5/4 I let on my own floor since that age I'm not worried that they'll put somthing in their mouth or won't tell me if someone bothers then. 5/6 on other floors if they tell me first who's house they are going to. (If I specifically make up with the other parent to have my 2 yr old I'm totally fine with bec I know she keeping on eye on him/her)
Maybe I'm more overprotective then I thought....

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:31 pm
Double

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:19 pm
Its not called "over protective" its called age appropriate supervision.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:12 pm
You are right OP. It's totally rude and strange. I would INVITE another child to my house, but you don't invite YOURSELF or YOUR CHILD. it's just weird. I have had neighbors come over and ask to play, and I always say no if their mother is not with them. I respect myself too much to be a doormat. If they come with the mother, that's another story.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:23 pm
We have a couple of moms in my neighborhood sending their toddlers out to play unsupervised. The kids cross the street by themselves because there is no supervision. There is something seriously wrong with these mothers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette