Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Using a kitchen designer together w good kitchen retailer?
Previous  1  2

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:03 am
I used Brontzi Schwartz.
Was very happy with her. We ended up doing a lot of different layouts, since at one point we weren’t going to knock down an existing wall, but then we did end up so needed to change layout. I do a lot of cooking/baking and found her to be extremely practical.

I got my cabinets from Lusso in Boro park - 18th ave. They are high end, but I was looking for a quality cabinet. I have them my price range and they worked with me. At first I chose cabinets that I liked, the quote was out of my range but when I told them my budget they said I happened to have chosen pricier cabinets. Bh Bh my kitchen with a lot of wear and tear looks like I put it in yesterday. (I put it in 4 years ago)

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:12 am
hello 1 wrote:
I used Brontzi Schwartz.
Was very happy with her. We ended up doing a lot of different layouts, ....

May I ask about how much you ended up spending on Brontzi's help, from beginning to end, for designing your kitchen?

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:11 am
I don’t remember exactly.
I think she was $150 for 1st hour then $100 per hour after.
I can’t imagine I paid her more than a few $100 where in the long run it makes a big difference when you’re spending so much money.
I also remember going through and thinking through the plan very well to see that it worked for me and what my needs are before finalizing.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:16 am
hello 1 wrote:
I don’t remember exactly.
I think she was $150 for 1st hour then $100 per hour after.
I can’t imagine I paid her more than a few $100 where in the long run it makes a big difference when you’re spending so much money.
I also remember going through and thinking through the plan very well to see that it worked for me and what my needs are before finalizing.

I really appreciate your answers.

So would you say she earned closer to $500 or closer to $1,000, or more, on the time she spent with you and spends with most customers on their kitchen design?

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:22 am
I probably spent closer to $1000 but that’s because the size of our kitchen space changed. We made a few plans, and then decided to knock down a wall so needed to make different plans.
If you have your size you shouldn’t need more than 2-3 hours.
She’s also very quick.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:32 am
hello 1 wrote:
I probably spent closer to $1000 but that’s because the size of our kitchen space changed. We made a few plans, and then decided to knock down a wall so needed to make different plans.
If you have your size you shouldn’t need more than 2-3 hours.
She’s also very quick.

Does she have a preference for kitchen cabinet manufacturer? May I ask who you used for cabinets, and are you happy?

Does she advise on appliances?

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
Does she have a preference for kitchen cabinet manufacturer? May I ask who you used for cabinets, and are you happy?

Does she advise on appliances?

She recommended to me some places.
I needed up using Lusso on 18th ave in Boro park. I was looking For a quality kitchen since I don’t plan on doing this again!
Lusso has different price ranges. When I chose the quote was out of my budget but when I told her what my budget was and if they can work with me (since I heard their quality is very good) she was able to. She said I originally chose pricier cabinets that were a special color, or the run on that cabinet was limited in quantity. I love love my kitchen. Both in beauty and functionality. Looks like I put it in yesterday. (Put in 4 yrs ago).
One thing with Lusso was because the “look” of the cabinets is more high end they wanted me to go with high end appliances (which I did) otherwise would’ve killed the look

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 12:01 pm
hello 1 wrote:
She recommended to me some places.
I needed up using Lusso on 18th ave in Boro park.

Oh sorry, I remember you said that earlier. Im leaning more to traditional/transitional so Lusso wouldnt work for me. Theres something I love about wood and moldings... so Lusso wouldnt be for me. Im leaning towards Hershkowitz/Exquisite, if he hasnt raised his prices since I got a quote by him. Does she do traditional/transitional kitchens?

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 12:04 pm
She does the layout of your kitchen.
Size cabinets, where sinks should go...
She doesn’t need to do cabinetry with you.
You can tell her what you are leaning towards and see if she has any recommendations, but she really is very good for layout of the kitchen

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:50 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
DH paid for a designer to draw up the plans. Then he shopped the kitchen and showed it to many designers who made free suggestions to the plans. They are willing to do that to existing plans. He incorporated many of the suggestions.

He shopped the cabinets extensively and got them for about a third of the average quote.

My kitchen is magnificent.

Are you in Brooklyn?

If yes, which designer did most of the work?

Whose cabinets did you use?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics