Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sleep coach for seven year old

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:37 pm
Any suggestions. Located in monsey but can do by phone or Skype I guess

tf

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:28 am
What about sleep do you need coaching for? I think I'm missing something? Can you explain?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:45 am
It works miracles sometimes! My daughter woke up around 12 times each night. She'd sit in her bed or come to us. We didn't know what to do anymore. She sleeps through now after the sleep coach. We owe that woman all of our sleep tbh not in the US OP I'm sorry I cant help you Sad hope you find someone good!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 7:03 am
tf wrote:
What about sleep do you need coaching for? I think I'm missing something? Can you explain?

My son has been getting up a million times a night and screaming until he finally comes to my room and calms down but I can't have him in my room. I have tried many methods including a therapist he went to for over a year that helped a bit but didn't really solve the problem. I can't have him get up every night and wake up my other Kids till he gets his way (to get into my bed).

He won't be quiet no matter what it's becoming a real issue.

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:08 am
Its a thing? I thought sleep coaches where for infant/toddlers.

tf

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:28 am
What does he say? Why is he crying? Does he have nightmares? Does he need to use the toilet? Is he in pain? Does he remember in the morning that he cried at night?

Miri1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:35 am
This is a great book, good for a seven year old in my oppinion:

https://www.amazon.com/What-Wh.....r+bed

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:45 am
yes sleep coaches can help with older kids and work over phone or skype
call around and ask
good for you for reaching out
they have methods for pinpointing the issue(s) and guiding you toward and helping you achieve successful resolution
you do not have to do it alone and its a good idea to seek expert help when in need

hatzlocha

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:03 pm
Just want to say that as a child I had terrible nightmares and wasn't allowed into parents bedroom. Im traumatized to this day from lying alone at night rethinking every nightmare...
Look into pinworms or parasites if they are waking alot.
Look into pandas if he is wetting bed or going to toilet that often and has some other anxiety in the daytime as well...
Look into what he is watching and playing with all day that is giving him nightmares.
DONT TRAUMATIZE HIM.
PLEASE.

tf

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:
Just want to say that as a child I had terrible nightmares and wasn't allowed into parents bedroom. Im traumatized to this day from lying alone at night rethinking every nightmare...
Look into pinworms or parasites if they are waking alot.
Look into pandas if he is wetting bed or going to toilet that often and has some other anxiety in the daytime as well...
Look into what he is watching and playing with all day that is giving him nightmares.
DONT TRAUMATIZE HIM.
PLEASE.

OP is not traumatizing him. She's asking for help. I'm getting the sense of the capital letters that it's meant to be said in a harsh way. If that's not your intention then please be careful

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:08 pm
Forgot to add
Spoken as a pandas mom whose kid sleeps in my room for 7 months already...straight...sleep issues were one of the clinical symptoms for diagnosis

ectomorph

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:16 pm
Melatonin

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:18 pm
Sorry for capital letters. I dont know what sleep coaches do, but unless there are ways to figure out how not to have nightmares, or not to have pandas, or not to have pinworms...kids wake up from those things and need mommy...
And mommies and totties are exhausted...but leaving child to train him that he cant come in no matter what can be traumatizing for child.
They are children after all.
I like to think of it as this (dont throw tomatoes at me): most of us look forward to sleeping with our husbands and cuddling when not niddah and even when we are, to sleeping in same room. There is a certain amount of comfort involved. Should a child that needs this have to be trained to not need it?
How can this child feel an 3xtra comfort? Perhaps weighted blanket, big stuffed (non scary) animal, or maybe a mattress in mommy's room.on floor, a tea before bed?
And like I said before, rule out physical causes for this before anything else...

tf

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry for capital letters. I dont know what sleep coaches do, but unless there are ways to figure out how not to have nightmares, or not to have pandas, or not to have pinworms...kids wake up from those things and need mommy...
And mommies and totties are exhausted...but leaving child to train him that he cant come in no matter what can be traumatizing for child.
They are children after all.
I like to think of it as this (dont throw tomatoes at me): most of us look forward to sleeping with our husbands and cuddling when not niddah and even when we are, to sleeping in same room. There is a certain amount of comfort involved. Should a child that needs this have to be trained to not need it?
How can this child feel an 3xtra comfort? Perhaps weighted blanket, big stuffed (non scary) animal, or maybe a mattress in mommy's room.on floor, a tea before bed?
And like I said before, rule out physical causes for this before anything else...

Your suggestions seem very helpful. I'm certain OP appreciates it. But please don't scream. She's listening without being screamed at.
I'm sorry if I'm coming across a bit harsh. I don't think it's fair to be screamed at when asking for help. I believe you agree with me just by reading your suggestions which say exactly what I say. 😀😀😀

Mal Kay

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 1:20 am
I didn’t read it in a way that shes screaming... I understand her point very well.. if you don’t know the cause, or until you find the cause of a child waking at night, one should not ignore the child (with the reason that he should get over it/or get used to it/ or learn to go back to sleep..etc)... especially if she says she had such experience as a child ( it still bothers her,she didnt get over with it) I totally understand why she’s making sure that such an idea should not cross anyones mind , even when ur desperate mid of night..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics