Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How many Carats is the Diamond Necklace in Simpson's window?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:47 am
So maybe we should form a group to chip in and buy it, like The Necklace

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:34 am
babysmum wrote:
please please keep this conversation light, I was so enjoying the laugh.
Thank you all.

And for the record I think a women isn't a women unless she has at least one such necklace in her drawer. The more the merrier!!

I just arrived from Venus, could you please explain the humor in your last sentence?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 7:48 am
babysmum wrote:
please please keep this conversation light, I was so enjoying the laugh.
Thank you all.

And for the record I think a women isn't a women unless she has at least one such necklace in her drawer. The more the merrier!!

Yes sometimes "kept" women get those kinds of necklaces. Gifts of passion for being really good (in bed). The more the merrier, hahahahahaha

Hiding

simba

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:26 am
How did this thread come to be 5 pages?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:02 am
amother wrote:
Yes sometimes "kept" women get those kinds of necklaces. Gifts of passion for being really good (in bed). The more the merrier, hahahahahaha

Hiding

A man was redt to a woman who had been married before. The man was a millionaire, and he really wanted to impress this gorgeous gal.

He said to her "I want to buy you a gift, what can I get you? Would you like a new car?"
She answered "My first husband bought me a Jaguar convertible, and I'm very happy with it."
He asks "Would you like a fur coat?"
She answers "My second husband bought me a whole closet full."
He says "How about diamonds? I can get you the biggest necklace at Simpson's"
She says "Honey, thanks to my third husband, I'm up to my eyeballs in diamonds!"

He says "So what do you want?" and she replies "Well to be honest Mr. Rosenfeld, I could really use come cash."

Mr Rosenfeld says "Cash? CASH! Where am I supposed to find THAT wholesale?"

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:45 am
simba wrote:
How did this thread come to be 5 pages?

Live and let laugh.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
A man was redt to a woman who had been married before. The man was a millionaire, and he really wanted to impress this gorgeous gal.

He said to her "I want to buy you a gift, what can I get you? Would you like a new car?"
She answered "My first husband bought me a Jaguar convertible, and I'm very happy with it."
He asks "Would you like a fur coat?"
She answers "My second husband bought me a whole closet full."
He says "How about diamonds? I can get you the biggest necklace at Simpson's"
She says "Honey, thanks to my third husband, I'm up to my eyeballs in diamonds!"

He says "So what do you want?" and she replies "Well to be honest Mr. Rosenfeld, I could really use come cash."

Mr Rosenfeld says "Cash? CASH! Where am I supposed to find THAT wholesale?"

"The man was a millionaire"? Anyone buying that kind of a necklace has to be closer to a billionaire than a millionaire. A necklace like that is close to 10% of a millionaire's assets.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
"The man was a millionaire"? Anyone buying that kind of a necklace has to be closer to a billionaire than a millionaire. A necklace like that is close to 10% of a millionaire's assets.

Don't ruin my joke! Mad

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:58 am
You can be a millionaire and afford the necklace. Several million would allow one to purchase it comfortably.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:58 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Don't ruin my joke! Mad

Very Happy

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
You can be a millionaire and afford the necklace. Several million would allow one to purchase it comfortably.

Depends on how many responsibilities you have, like in our circles, how many kids youre supporting and giving down payments to.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
So maybe we should form a group to chip in and buy it, like The Necklace

Amazing book rec! I'm ordering it now, thank you!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Depends on how many responsibilities you have, like in our circles, how many kids youre supporting and giving down payments to.

For sure. But if you are giving the money away, then you don't have several million anymore.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:16 am
amother wrote:

Its an investment piece. Someone who purchases that is converting once type of asset (cash) into another type of asset (precious gemstone). The challenge of it is - its an asset that is hard to liquidate. People who make significant purchases like that expect they will go up in value.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:29 am
In fairness to FF a million really isn't what a million used to be but the gestalt of the joke works :-).

Yes of course in real life a millionaire isn't buying necklaces for $200,000 but let's all just picture the Monopoly Millionaire - the one with the monocle, topcoat and cane :-) and not the millionaire not door who drives a Honda Accord and has a million in assets in his 401 and equity in his modest fully paid off home :-).

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
Its an investment piece. Someone who purchases that is converting once type of asset (cash) into another type of asset (precious gemstone). The challenge of it is - its an asset that is hard to liquidate. People who make significant purchases like that expect they will go up in value.

A necklace is never an investment - especially one bought from a store.

If one feels that one might need to sew some diamonds into the hem of one's coat to flee a border, then one buys unset stones for as close to wholesale as possible.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:33 am
Amarante wrote:
A necklace is never an investment - especially one bought from a store.

If one feels that one might need to sew some diamonds into the hem of one's coat to flee a border, then one buys unset stones for as close to wholesale as possible.

We're going to disagree on this.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
We're going to disagree on this.

Explain how this could ever be an investment - you are paying a significant retail markup plus you are also paying a significant amount for the fabrication of the necklace.

Anyone who has ever attempted to sell silver, gold or stone jewelry can attest to the small percentage one will get - not even close to retail.

You lose money as soon as you walk out of the store.

Wealthy people don't buy necklaces from a store as an investment. They buy jewelry with their discretionary income.

Gold bullion or uncut stones maybe - but still not as liquid as other investments.

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:42 pm
Amarante wrote:
Explain how this could ever be an investment - you are paying a significant retail markup plus you are also paying a significant amount for the fabrication of the necklace.

Anyone who has ever attempted to sell silver, gold or stone jewelry can attest to the small percentage one will get - not even close to retail.

You lose money as soon as you walk out of the store.

Wealthy people don't buy necklaces from a store as an investment. They buy jewelry with their discretionary income.

Gold bullion or uncut stones maybe - but still not as liquid as other investments.

My brother buys his wife lots of diamond jewellery as an investment.

He is a diamond dealer, if he says a valuable stone that is being sold at a great price he will buy it. He sets it into jewellery. Diamonds usually appreciate in value and in 20 years from now he will sell the stones for much more. (if his wife let's him ;-))

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:50 pm
Metukah wrote:
My brother buys his wife lots of diamond jewellery as an investment.

He is a diamond dealer, if he says a valuable stone that is being sold at a great price he will buy it. He sets it into jewellery. Diamonds usually appreciate in value and in 20 years from now he will sell the stones for much more. (if his wife let's him ;-))

A diamond dealer is not paying retail prices for a finished piece of jewelry.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries