Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Highend luxurios kosher vacation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:39 pm
BTs are not exactly a homogenous group we can discuss as a unit. If anything they're more diverse than ffbs.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:42 pm
Oy! If you don't have a suggestion for OP, please move on.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:51 pm
Zehava wrote:
It’s called humblebragging

Trying to find a place to go on vacation is not bragging. This is not real life where she is talking to someone she knows. There may very well be people here who can make suggestions. This is anonymous.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:52 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Can I with all due respect ask, implore, BEG for an explanation..

On this very forum, there are FFBs , some allegedly, from very Chasidish families, asking about skiing in tznius clothing, getting piercings and tattoos, going to AC for couple's massages, going to all sorts of exotic places off the FRUM beaten path... Looking to participate in all sorts of bizarre activities, that makes me scream "Dorothy, we're not in Anatevka, anymore"...

Now, comes along a lady who simply, wants to be mekayim (fulfill) the Gamarra , that a wealthy person should live like a Wealthy person, providing they gave their requisite Maasar.

Suddenly, a lot of you are preaching to her about making sacrifices for Hashem,...

If that isn't the height of hypocrisy, I don't know what is...[marq=right]

Great post.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:53 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Let's be nice.

Op you have 7 kids. No matter how rich you are, you had to sacrifice something to get there.

Yet you had children because you wanted to do that mitzva and you believe in Hashem.

This is another sacrifice you will have to make. Not being wined and dined like you imagined.

Gather your strength. I know you can do it
I actually think that this is very nice

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
Your post still doesn't make sense. Just because you and your friends were struggling, doesn't mean that's a general at problem. 1. A lot of ffbs don't have family support. 2. I do know a bunch of BTs who are funded by their parents. 3. Also non frum people pay tuition (ever heard of private schools , Hebrew day schools etc? They are expensive!
And like I said: a BT usually has 1 or 2 siblings. Usually good education. So there's more money there than a family who has 6-10 kids, not so great education and loads of simchas, yeshivas etc. So BTs have a better starting point.
So instead of being rude and telling me I have issues with reading comprehension.. maybe you should stop generalizing your problems. Just because you couldn't budget doesn't mean we all can't. (I'm also a BT and we're doing just fine thank you very much).

There is validity to both points, but somes BTs also do suffer because of the lack of family. No mothers to watch their kids, siblings to make a sheva brochos, etc. Feel like outsiders and cannot necessarily find cosigners for a gemach loan or feel like approaching frum people for work. Hard to explain and definitely cultural.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:54 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I actually think that this is very nice

Liking your post, are you?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 7:59 pm
nchr wrote:
Liking your post, are you?
people are responding to responses to my posts

this way they see the original post

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:36 pm
Well, I for one want to see what OP decided! So many good ideas!

OP, can you let us know? I see other people use kosherconcierge for Thailand and it looks amazeballs. And the idea of going to Rome and eating everywhere - AMAZING.

London wife

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 8:39 pm
Seriously???
Nothing wrong being rich! Nor is anything wrong in enjoying good things in life, such as grand vacations with all the drippings, whether you're a BT or FFB.
Stop preaching with sacrifices and tzadokah giving - I'm sure the OP knows how to fulfil her dues etc.
Hermolis can cater in any hotel in England. I had very wealthy friends staying in the Ritz in London and Hermolis did a great job.

shoshi2222

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:24 am
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Looking into all and will post here if I find something great.

flowergirl10

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 4:47 am
The kempinski hotel in st Moritz Switzerland is supposed to be high end.
It’s run by arieh Wagner starguest
I know people who went and loved it.

may2010

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:09 am
I can't say enough about Edelweiss Kosher Rental it is a luxury vacation home my parents rented in Baltimore and took us to. Location is isolated in a gorgeous area beautiful grounds and the house was absolutely stunning. Everything kosher including coffee bars and snack bars. Theater jacuzzi game room outdoor large fish pond fire pit.. not normally Amazing place!!! https://g.page/EdelweissKosher?share

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:57 am
may2010 wrote:
I can't say enough about Edelweiss Kosher Rental it is a luxury vacation home my parents rented in Baltimore and took us to. Location is isolated in a gorgeous area beautiful grounds and the house was absolutely stunning. Everything kosher including coffee bars and snack bars. Theater jacuzzi game room outdoor large fish pond fire pit.. not normally Amazing place!!! https://g.page/EdelweissKosher?share

Wow this looks great!!! We also prefer luxury property rentals over high end hotels any day, though something tells me this is not what the OP has in mind.

If it were us, and we too always vacation with the kids, I'd do something like this and Kosher Concierge. (A poster above posted his link. I actually know who he is and he dies a great job).

And yes I see that it includes food, but there are so many gorgeous property rentals - with way more amenities and space than a high end hotel- and you could bring in your own Kosher service, like everyone has already mentioned.

And yes, outside of Israel very hard to find the all-on-one, bh so many in Israel- I second beraisheet. But BH we live in a time and age that frum ppl can have the height of luxury here in the US and Europe if they wish (and sometimes, yes, with a bit of creativity).

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:01 am
may2010 wrote:

But... who wants to go on vacation to Baltimore?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:14 am
fmt4 wrote:
But... who wants to go on vacation to Baltimore?

Lol, I live in Baltimore, and I agree.
It's fine for a short trip where you want some fun kiddie outings at various places like the aquarium or whatever. But it's hardly the destination for a 3 week or high-end luxurious vacation. Not much to do or see for that long, and how long can you entertain yourself on a small property, no matter how fancy the inside is?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:47 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Lol, I live in Baltimore, and I agree.
It's fine for a short trip where you want some fun kiddie outings at various places like the aquarium or whatever. But it's hardly the destination for a 3 week or high-end luxurious vacation. Not much to do or see for that long, and how long can you entertain yourself on a small property, no matter how fancy the inside is?

Lol I didn't see it was in Baltimore

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:09 am
Poster bumped up this old thread to advertise

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:36 am
Zehava wrote:
Poster bumped up this old thread to advertise

Haha I didn’t even realize. You’re so right.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:12 am
Makes sense because the follow up anonymous post is the exact same writing style...though not really the writing style you'd expect from a Baltimore business owner...
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics