Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra fitting experts, need advice!

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 1:10 am
I have been wearing this Wacoal bra for a while, through months of being pregnant, nursing, post nursing...My bra size didn't change drastically during these months, but I thought my bras were stretched out and ordered new ones from amazon. I ordered 32G, tried them on and realized that there is a little extra room in the cup. So I ordered a 32 DDD, and the fit feels good, but I think it's a little small. The wiring between the cups is not flat against my chest like the 32G is.
I really like this bra (such great support, and holds up high) but now unsure what to do? Is it worth trying a 34 DDD? On the 32 band I had to wear the bra on the loosest clasp.
Thanks for your help!

Attached the link on case anyone wAnts to buy a really good bra...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....=UTF8

trixx

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 1:49 am
You are probably measuring wrong.

http://www.thinandcurvy.com/20......html

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:18 am
If the cup fits, and the band is the right length, then go down a number and up a letter. Usually it’s an uncommon size, but the fit is sooo much better.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:43 am
Or try with an extender.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:45 am
I am pretty sure I am measuring correctly, but will measure again later just in case.
The cup does NOT fit. The g is too roomy and the DDD feels good, but the wire between the breasts doesn't lie flat (there is a gap), creating some cleavage.
Am I being clear?

pause

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:52 am
momof2+? wrote:
I am pretty sure I am measuring correctly, but will measure again later just in case.
The cup does NOT fit. The g is too roomy and the DDD feels good, but the wire between the breasts doesn't lie flat (there is a gap), creating some cleavage.
Am I being clear?

I had this for years. Expert fitters always gave me my regular cup size and and went bigger in the waistband if the bra was too tight.

I finally learned how to do it right: Measure your waistband size. Don't move from that because sticking to this size will ensure that the bra doesn't ride up. Rather experiment with the cup size. So in your case I'd go with a 30G. The snugness of the waistband will be comfortable, yet the larger cup size will ensure you're completely "contained" IYKWIM...

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:15 pm
I think the 30 band will be too tight. The 32 on the loosest clasp was okay, but tight (the way I want it to be when I first buy the bra.)
does it make sense that there is such a big difference between the 2 sizea that the 32 G was too big in the cup, and the 32DDD was too small in the cup?
Thanks for your help everyone!

pause

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:25 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I think the 30 band will be too tight. The 32 on the loosest clasp was okay, but tight (the way I want it to be when I first buy the bra.)
does it make sense that there is such a big difference between the 2 sizea that the 32 G was too big in the cup, and the 32DDD was too small in the cup?
Thanks for your help everyone!

IME, band stretches. I want it to be too tight for the first few times worn, and then it's comfortably tight. Otherwise it gets too loose. Again, my experience.

Do you have free returns? Try it.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:39 pm
I have amazon prime, but it will be my third bra purchase so getting a little annoyed. Guess it might be worth it though....
Thanks, pause.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 2:56 pm
Sounds to me like the 34DDD or 34DD even may fit you right based on how the sizes work.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:19 pm
Okay guys, I measured myself again. I am measuring 30.5 inches for the band and 36 at the cup with my current bra. I guess that makes me a 30DDD. I am confused because the wacoal bra that was 32DDD was too small in the cup. A nyways, the bra I am looking at doesn't have much selection in the 30 band size. Anyone have a bra suggestion for me? Looking for lift and support, not comfort.

Sunnydays

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:46 pm
I had this problem the bigger cups don’t come in the smaller band size. I bought the bigger band size and I took it in. Other companies may have but I haven’t found anything as good as wacoal yet...

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 1:26 am
momof2+? wrote:
Okay guys, I measured myself again. I am measuring 30.5 inches for the band and 36 at the cup with my current bra. I guess that makes me a 30DDD. I am confused because the wacoal bra that was 32DDD was too small in the cup. A nyways, the bra I am looking at doesn't have much selection in the 30 band size. Anyone have a bra suggestion for me? Looking for lift and support, not comfort.

I am 30DDD or E. Wacoal makes that size. Wacoal la femme contour bra - I get it on eBay. It's a different cup than the one you posted though.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 6:24 am
Order the 34DDD

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 7:51 am
momof2+? wrote:

Check out Title Nine. They have a great selection of hard to fit sizes

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 9:31 pm
Hi, I'm back😊
First of all, thanks to everyone that has responded until now.
Next,....
So I was on the verge of buying that same wacoal bra in a 34DDD, but I realized that although the 32 band feels tight and secure, I can technically fit my hand in the back. So I am probably better off trying a 30 G bra.
One problem.
can't find a single one!!! I want to order on Amazon so that it comes quickly and I have easy returns.... Can anyone e help me?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 9:49 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Hi, I'm back😊
Next,....
So I was on the verge of buying that same wacoal bra in a 34DDD, but I realized that although the 32 band feels tight and secure, I can technically fit my hand in the back. So I am probably better off trying a 30 G bra.
One problem.
can't find a single one!!! I want to order on Amazon so that it comes quickly and I have easy returns.... Can anyone e help me?

The extra length on the band will extend to the cup. The 34DDD shouldn't be any looser.

pause

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 10:02 pm
It will be looser and the issue with the wire not lying flat will be exacerbated. My experience.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 11:48 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Hi, I'm back😊
Next,....
One problem.

https://www.wacoal.ca/fit-calculator

Put your measurements in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics