Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Makeup for 15 year old
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 11:14 pm
A nice smelling body lotion set is also a great gift idea for a teen.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 11:14 pm
A_Mother_First wrote:
Re Mascara: There is a pretty scary whatsup going around about the damages of mascara to the eye when not removed properly at night before going to sleep. The damage accumulates over the years and can lead to vision loss. If your daughter is going to start wearing mascara (personally, I would not have my daughter wear it until at least 11th grade, but to each their own), I would educate her about the importance of self-care and properly removing it gently at the end of the day. On shabbos and yum tov, it may certainly be an issue.

Uh oh. Going to sleep in my makeup right now. Too tired to remove.... what the risk.? Really?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 12:00 am
amother wrote:
Uh oh. Going to sleep in my makeup right now. Too tired to remove.... what the risk.? Really?

Doing it once in a while is not likely to cause damage. Doing it all the time is much riskier.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 12:12 am
Some of these moms are such know it alls. No one was really asking for your advice on whether her daughter could wear makeup or not so please keep your parenting advice to yourself. OP didnt say her daughter is ready for full on drag makeup so I dont see the issue. If you don't want your daughters wearing, then great for them, but this isnt your kid.

You do whatever works best for you and your daughter. Sephora has so many great products she can choose from, a subtle blush, light pink lipgloss (laura mercier is really comfy), and concealer (tarte is great) is a great introduction to the world of makeup. Best of luck!

professor

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
In which community is it acceptable for 9th grade Bais Yakov girls to wear makeup??

In Boro Park. Bais yaakov allows makeup in school if it's natural

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 8:58 am
This is the first time I'm hearing that Bais Yakov of BP allows makeup in school.
You don't see much 9th graders in Boro Park wearing makeup.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:04 am
I would go to a Bobbi brown counter

Their products are lovely and they are great with putting together a customized yet age appropriate look.

professor

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
This is the first time I'm hearing that Bais Yakov of BP allows makeup in school.
You don't see much 9th graders in Boro Park wearing makeup.

This is the first time I'm hearing that Bais Yaakov has a problem with girls putting on make up. Are we talking about the same kind of makeup? Maybe you mean the very obvious kind with colored eye shadow and heavy mascara? I'm just talking about foundation, maybe bronzer, some natural blush and lipstick... no one ever got into trouble for that.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:09 am
Professor, are you talking about the regular Bais Yakkov of BP allows 9th graders to wear makeup in school?? That's just not true.

mom2mysouls

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 11:15 am
amother wrote:
Some of these moms are such know it alls. No one was really asking for your advice on whether her daughter could wear makeup or not so please keep your parenting advice to yourself. OP didnt say her daughter is ready for full on drag makeup so I dont see the issue. If you don't want your daughters wearing, then great for them, but this isnt your kid.

You do whatever works best for you and your daughter. Sephora has so many great products she can choose from, a subtle blush, light pink lipgloss (laura mercier is really comfy), and concealer (tarte is great) is a great introduction to the world of makeup. Best of luck!

Exactly!

My 15 yr old daughter has acne, she wears light medicated coverup every day to tone down her face in a very frum school (!) and noone says boo. You have to be realistic and see that the girl needs to maintain her self esteem by feeling she looks normal, and is not with red zits all over!

By the way, her friends from various different frum (and chassidish) schools experiment with makeup for Fri night...each to their own. I dont see whats wrong with it, especially at a wedding or yomtov

If Op daughter is interested in makeup, why brush it away and offer a curling iron?! Rolling Eyes
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children