Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If Ur American, how strongly do events in Israel affect u?
Previous  1  2

grace413

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 12:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
This, this, 1000 times this. I find the subject line disturbing - how are we not affected? How are our hearts not in Israel?
And of course, we should only feel empathy and sympathy for Jews everywhere.
And if our hearts also go out to others as per Fox's comment, other people who most certainly deserve our respect, as well as basic human dignity, that is also a sign of good spiritual health.

PinkFridge, I don't doubt for a minute that this is true for you. However, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that frequently when something bad happens here in Israel, there isnt much of a reaction on Imamother and I do get the impression that many here just don't care so much.

Maybe I am just being oversensitive and wrong.

etky

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 12:42 pm
[quote="grace413"]PinkFridge, I don't doubt for a minute that this is true for you. However, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that frequently when something bad happens here in Israel, there isnt much of a reaction on Imamother and I do get the impression that many here just don't care so much.

Maybe I am just being oversensitive and wrong.[/quote]

No. I feel the same. Sometimes to the extent that I just can't be here for a while afterwards because the dissonance is too much to bear.

essie14

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 3:15 pm
[quote="etky"]
grace413 wrote:
PinkFridge, I don't doubt for a minute that this is true for you. However, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that frequently when something bad happens here in Israel, there isnt much of a reaction on Imamother and I do get the impression that many here just don't care so much.

Maybe I am just being oversensitive and wrong.[/quote]

No. I feel the same. Sometimes to the extent that I just can't be here for a while afterwards because the dissonance is too much to bear.

There are many times that I can’t even speak or whatsapp with people in ch”l because the dissonance is just too much. I need to process things with my DH and my friends who live here. I can’t even speak to my mother very often after a terror attack because she just doesn’t get it.

boysrus

Post Sat, Feb 02 2019, 9:58 pm
In answer to the OPs question, events like terrorist attacks in EY leave me feeling distraught and crying. I cry in pain for the victims and their families. They are my brothers and sisters and we are so tightly connected. Maybe it is more real to me because I have a lot of family living in EY and a son in Yeshiva there . But to me, EY is my real home, my heart is there. Tisha B'Av finds me crying real tears over the churban, its real to me. My neshama is so intertwined with EY and all of Am Yisrael. To all imamothers in EY, I love you all so much!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 8:47 am
grace413 wrote:

Maybe I am just being oversensitive and wrong.

It could be we don't know about it/didn't notice the thread.
We suffice with hugging the OP.
It could be that we're in the know enough not to panic and are no more blase about it than our Israeli relatives or friends (see Shabbatiscoming last page).

Unfortunately, I don't think you're terribly overly sensitive on this.

Metukah

Post Sun, Feb 03 2019, 11:06 am
smileforamile wrote:
... It's when I hear that Jews were at Sha'ar Shechem and then get killed R'L, that I have less compassion.

I am truly disturbed by your post.

Less compassion?????

I might tell someone that going yo a certain place is dangerous and not a good idea, but if it has already happened and there was a bad outcome I wouldn't have less compassion.

We do aveiros and upset Hashem all the time. Does he show us less compassion?
Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics