Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood salary
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:07 pm
amother wrote:
Hmm...this sounds high. A friend of mine is being paid what is considered well and for a 40-hour workweek she's making 40K. On days she does additional hours I believe it's $25/hr
but that's because it's extra work outside her normal hours. Granted, she's just starting out but 30K for as 20-hr work week sounds high.

40k for a 40 hour week comes out to less than $20. How is that being paid well if people are starting at more than that with two years experience.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:24 pm
My understanding is that starting is 18-20/hr for part time. Depends on the type of office & any experience you may have. Experience doesn’t always raise the starting numbers though.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:01 pm
mamaleh wrote:
My understanding is that starting is 18-20/hr for part time. Depends on the type of office & any experience you may have. Experience doesn’t always raise the starting numbers though.

How soon after starting would you receive a raise and how much?

mamaleh

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:

That will depend on your experience, the business (especially the size of the business-larger businesses often have a schedule for raises) and how well you do the job.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:34 pm
mamaleh wrote:
That will depend on your experience, the business (especially the size of the business-larger businesses often have a schedule for raises) and how well you do the job.

What is the range?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:

I cannot imagine sooner than a year. How much? $1 or two

mamaleh

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:38 pm
2 months (if discussed before hire- like a trial) to 6 months or 1 yr (these 2 seem to be standard). There are also businesses where it won’t happen unless or until you ask.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
40k for a 40 hour week comes out to less than $20. How is that being paid well if people are starting at more than that with two years experience.

It's a 35 hour week. So it comes out to about 22 dollars an hour. Many companies allow you to take your "lunch break" from 4 to 5, so practically it's really even more.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 12:28 am
One more question: what would I expect the “cap” to be? The most I would get is $30? $35?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 12:50 pm
amother wrote:
One more question: what would I expect the “cap” to be? The most I would get is $30? $35?

That's the thing, it doesn't work that way.
You will always have those ppl who show their value to their boss, work their way up, and make <100k

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:

I think that would be the case in most small companies. At a certain point they won't be able to afford you and would rather train in someone new. In a big company you would have more potential to work your way up to supervisor etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics