Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Started repeating

amother

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 7:50 pm
My DD started repeating her questions over and over. Help. Its annoying me and worrying me like crazy? is it normal? a 2 1/2 yr old phase? What should I do-keep answerin gover and over? is it a low self esteem? please help!!!

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 7:55 pm
DS did exactly the same thing
whenever he asks a question I first answer it and by the second time he asks the same question instead of answering I ask it back to him the same way, he asnwers my answer and thats it, it really helps

MahPitom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 8:08 pm
Oh my, and I’m blaming it that she started school now, and picked it up from there!

This is brand new by us also. I want to go out, no. I want to go OUT, no. I want TO GO OUT, mommy said no….

Fast forward 3 hours later, she’s still kicking me I WANT TO GO OUT. And it’s for everything, I DON’T WANT MILK I WANT JUICE it seems she forgot how to talk, only knows how to crawl on my nerves.

I never experienced this before, we are losing our minds.

blueyes

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 8:14 pm
exactly! thats how my dd is!!!! and I ask her back, what did mommy just say. and she wont answere me. she'll ask me questions even thought she knows the answers. ex. what color is this mommy. ill say you tell me. so sometimes she will and sometimes shell say you tell me. she knows her colors perfectly!!!! why does she ask me always what color is this....help. how do I stop her!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 8:27 pm
blueyes wrote:
exactly! thats how my dd is!!!! and I ask her back, what did mommy just say. and she wont answere me. she'll ask me questions even thought she knows the answers. ex. what color is this mommy. ill say you tell me. so sometimes she will and sometimes shell say you tell me. she knows her colors perfectly!!!! why does she ask me always what color is this....help. how do I stop her!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

try this

what color is this? answer: "red"
when she asks again, don't tell her "you tell me.." instead ask her the same question the same way she did

happymom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2007, 10:07 pm
its a stage

momof2

Post Tue, Oct 30 2007, 8:58 am
happymom, how long does this stage ususally last??

Tehilla

Post Tue, Oct 30 2007, 9:52 am
I'm with you ladies...my 3 year old is doing it...and my 20 month old is absorbing every bit of it too (she loves her sister)...sigh. it's a happy sigh, but still a sigh.

it seems to happen the most frequently when I am distracted, because I'll either not hear her or answer 15 times before I realize it (ie when I'm cooking). if I'm with it, you know on the floor playing then it's less...or I'll do the question with a question...or didn't mommy already tell you? yes. what did I say? answer...I haven't found one method yet that really works. I figured it will pass, and that the very best thing to do is focus my attention on her so that she knows she can talk to me Smile

MahPitom

Post Tue, Oct 30 2007, 6:12 pm
p.s. the bath this morning was a great distraction. And I also tried to spit back her questions and she caught on somewhat. So far I’m relying on entertainment instead of figuring out a method.

Jo

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 11:13 am
DS did this a lot at that age. It lasted a few months - sounds like perfectly normal 2 y o behaviour! I agree that it is incredibly frustrating though...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics