Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me choose paint colors I'm clueless
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:16 pm
Use paint boards rather than paint the walls.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:48 pm
Generally use the lightest color on the paint sample unless you are looking for a dark color ie looking for lavendar, use the lightest lavendar. Some interior designers will do a paint consult for very reasonable.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:24 pm
I disagree about using the lightest colors but that's because I'm bold and not afraid of color.
Op, my home has lots of actual colors, but I did a neutral in the guest room- revere pewter by Benjamin Moore- and it's actually one of my favorites. It's a greige, and takes on the color of the room. It's neat, fresh and so nice.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:43 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Generally use the lightest color on the paint sample unless you are looking for a dark color ie looking for lavendar, use the lightest lavendar. Some interior designers will do a paint consult for very reasonable.

From my experience, it really pays to ask an interior designer. She might even be able to help you over the phone. I know someone who highered a decorator just for this and said the $100-$200 was so worth it.

Decorators have seen it all and will know right away which colors come out good.

Nice paint colors can literally make a huge difference in the look of the home.

nycgal

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
I disagree about using the lightest colors but that's because I'm bold and not afraid of color.
Op, my home has lots of actual colors, but I did a neutral in the guest room- revere pewter by Benjamin Moore- and it's actually one of my favorites. It's a greige, and takes on the color of the room. It's neat, fresh and so nice.

I used revere pewter in my entranceway, dining/ living room, stairwells and upstairs hallway. It’s a great color.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:52 pm
I have Sheep's Wool in my hallways and living area, wheareas the other rooms are bold, with blacks and blues and oranges, etc.

The Sheep's Wool color is also a greige, but a beachy one. Has a very relaxing feel to it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics