Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Nappy change

chavs

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 7:09 am
my son is 2 years and a few months, and it has gradually gotten more and more difficult to change his diaper. He used to struggle and and try to get away, but now he screams, tries to kick and hit me away as well. He doesnt tell me if he has done a pooh, and when I ask him if he did he says no!
Is this normal toddler behavior? Does anyone have any suggestions to help him (and me).
Thank you.
He is generally a very happy boy who plays and interacts well with others, and afaik is on target developmentally.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 8:37 am
My son, now 17 months, has been doing that too, and it drives me crazy. You'd think I was torturing him. I try giving him toys to hold, and I play his music and sing along to distract him. I keep hoping he'll outgrow this phase soon.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 10:06 am
you could train him in underwear already ... way easier than a struggle to change a big mess ...

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 10:50 am
totally normal behavior for his age

melalyse

Post Sat, Nov 03 2007, 11:45 pm
It usually takes me at least a half an hour to get DS (who is 2) to change his poop. I barely bother with his wet diapers, If it doesn't bother him, it doesn't bother me. The morning diaper and getting dressed is very difficult, especially the days that I work and I am in a rush.

chavs

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 7:22 am
Wow.
Thank you! I am happy to know my son is normal.
I also dont change his wet nappies because its such a hassle, and he isnt bothered.
He isnt and I am not ready to potty train him yet, although I did contemplate it because of his refusal to have his nappy changed. When the time comes I hope it will go smoother then changing him lol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics