Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Education help for adult-pre GED
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:24 pm
I use this program for my private students: https://www.superteacherworksh.....l?e=1

It's $20 to sign up for unlimited access. It's geared for grades 1-5, with lots of work sheets, and teacher's pages where you can check your answers. The kids I tutor love it.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 10:42 pm
I think you should contact rockland community college (RCC) in monsey... I recall reading about a program they have that sounds like what you're looking for.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:17 am
ixl.com starts w first grade and goes up to 12th , about 10-15 dollars a month, but he can try it for free

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:24 pm
My sons took the ged prep classes at kings borough a few years ago, and they were really not good. However, one of my sons is in the middle of a prep class, given free of charge, at Brooklyn college, that is much better. They place the student at their appropriate level.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
Oooh amarante that's a good idea, do you know any good educational software?

I don't know any Male tutors where we live, might be awkward w a frum female tutor....

I wonder if remedial classes would be enough. It's a tough situation to be in.

Thank you everyone for the ideas!

There are definitely male tutors in North Jersey in Passaic and Teaneck. I don't know exactly where in North Jersey you are. You could find an older teacher or a college student depending on what you're looking for. Both will be pricey.

jf

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 12:46 pm
Many public libraries offer GED prep classes, and many offer homework tutoring for middle school or high school students. It might be worth asking the local library if there are classes he can join, or a homework tutor who would be willing to work with him.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 1:10 pm
So many good ideas, thank you all!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics