Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pesach food for daughter with allergies

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 1:49 am
Hi. Hoping you all can help me out. Looking for pesach cake and cookie recipes for my daughter who is allergic to eggs chocolate dairy. The only nut she can have are walnuts. Tia

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:13 am
I know this is not what you came here for, but if you ask a Rav, he will probably say to feed her kitnyios as well as gebrokets even if you don't normally eat it.
In terms of recipes, try searching online for vegan gluten free recipes. Most will have nuts, but you may find something.

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:17 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I know this is not what you came here for, but if you ask a Rav, he will probably say to feed her kitnyios as well as gebrokets even if you don't normally eat it.
In terms of recipes, try searching online for vegan gluten free recipes. Most will have nuts, but you may find something.

I doubt that. Cake and cookies are not necessary.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:44 am
OP, do you eat gebrochts?

If you do, you might try this recipe, substituting matza cake meal and potato starch for the flour, and triple filtered coconut oil for the butter.

Other oils will work, too.

https://mommyshomecooking.com/.....kies/

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:37 am
momsrus wrote:
I doubt that. Cake and cookies are not necessary.

For a toddler, snacks are necessary. In the absence of cake or cookies she can eat she may be allowed to eat rice cakes etc.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:15 am
I saw KLP chia seeds by La Bonne (I think it's a Lieber's company). Use it as an egg replacer.
https://theprettybee.com/chia-egg/

Try this with walnut flour. Make your own walnut flour by sifting ground walnuts and using only the fine flour that you sift out. The bigger walnut pieces can be used as crumbs for a crisp.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....59365

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:23 am
In general, most pesach dessert recipes have eggs. I've tried several non egg recipes and haven't really found anything great. Egg allergy here too btw, and I don't find pesach food especially challenging, just limited in terms of desserts, but really all year it's pretty limited, just less so.

So what I do for desserts: 1. Sorbet- delicious, either homemade or store bought. 2. Fruit crumble- apples, pears, berries, whatever you like. Crumble on top is sugar, potato starch, oil, cinnamon. 3. Sometimes I find store bought cookies that don't have egg.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:23 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
For a toddler, snacks are necessary. In the absence of cake or cookies she can eat she may be allowed to eat rice cakes etc.

Cake and cookies are NOT healthy for anyone, toddler or not. Rice cakes have no nutritional value and barely any calories either. Why are people thinking these are necessary for toddlers? Please cut up an apple, grapes, veggies dipped in a little dressing, an avocado smeared on matza, or just snack on whatever nuts are ok. You can also make your own homemade nut butter very easily with a food processor. Junk is junk.

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

A toddler can eat applesauce, apples, oranges, pineapple.

Cookies and cake are not necessary for anyone. I have two children that are allergic to dairy , nuts and eggs, and they have plenty to eat on pesach.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:42 am
Ask your Rav about whole raw flax seeds
Some say it’s not kitniyot
You can make an egg replacement for these
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics