Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine conference on Akeres Habayis
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:31 pm
Is it pro or anti vaccinations? What is it all about?

mig100

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:33 pm
Id b shocked if it was pro vaccine. Only antivaxxers r busy with such nonesense

Sebastian

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:35 pm
it's anti

esuss

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:36 pm
They are a known group spreading anti vax info.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:51 pm
I will never listen to that hotline because of that.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:52 pm
This is their famous anti vax hotline.

giselle

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:53 pm
Help me understand this - we’re allowed to break shabbos which is one of the most important mitzvos for pikuach nefesh, but these people are knowingly putting others’ lives at risk?

Motherhood

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:47 pm
They are a Brainwashing, fear-creating “conference”.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:07 pm
NOT AGAIN

Banging head

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:08 pm
Really upsetting to me that they host this. There are so many other good things I enjoy on that line (Dina Friedman, Perl Abramowitz, Nechama Perlman), but it feels wrong to listen because I am supporting antivaxx propoganda by boosting their listenership.

I wish they'd get rid of that section.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:24 am
Misinformation Hotline Stokes Fear Of Vaccines In Ultra-Orthodox Community says that this hotline is run by PEACH and new conference calls are announced on PEACH's Twitter.

I looked at that Twitter feed and they haven't announced any conference calls since the end of Feb which makes me wonder if they stopped or are now publicizing it elsewhere because pro-science people started causing trouble.

Also in How A Group For Jewish Moms Spread Anti-Vax Propaganda Before New York’s Measles Outbreak which was posted here recently it says that PEACH publicized the number for this program.

Finally, I'll just leave this here

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:30 am
"Besides for". Oy.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:41 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
"Besides for". Oy.

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet so in an attempt to justify sitting here waiting for that to happen I searched this thread for "Besides" and when I didn't find it I searched both of the articles in my post and didn't find it there either. And I scrolled thru this thread to see if anyone else had posted links but no one had. Then I searched everything again for "beside".

ETA: I guess the coffee is working now because a bit later I saw "besides" in the image I posted ...

Last edited by imasoftov on Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:53 am
I listened in to this hotline to see what its about. I doubt anyone with abit of intelligence listens to this line.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:26 am
imasoftov wrote:
My coffee hasn't kicked in yet so in an attempt to justify sitting here waiting for that to happen I searched this thread for "Besides" and when I didn't find it I searched both of the articles in my post and didn't find it there either. And I scrolled thru this thread to see if anyone else had posted links but no one had. Then I searched everything again for "beside".

ETA: I guess the coffee is working now because a bit later I saw "besides" in the image I posted ...

Right. It would be somewhat churlish to complain about another poster's grammar, but it is perfectly justified to point out the poor grammar in anti-vax propaganda, though of course, that isn't the main problem with anti-vax propaganda.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:28 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I listened in to this hotline to see what its about. I doubt anyone with abit of intelligence listens to this line.

I know plenty of intelligent, professional, educated people who don't vaccinate, or at least didn't a decade ago. It was quite common in the Upper West Side Yuppie crowd I often rubbed elbows with, back when I lived in NYC. The arguments they gave were very similar to some of the ones given by frum anti-vaxxers, minus the discussion of hishtadlus and halachic considerations. The arguments were not particularly good, but I didn't have the tools I have now to refute them. Also, and crucially, Lancet hadn't yet retracted the Wakefield article.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:50 am
I saw an article that said that the original anti-vax movement started with the wealthy who didn't have to worry about the germs in the stairwells of apartment buildings and who could afford to stay home with sick kids.

Poor people who didn't have access to decent health care had to be vaccinated.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:57 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Right. It would be somewhat churlish to complain about another poster's grammar, but it is perfectly justified to point out the poor grammar in anti-vax propaganda, though of course, that isn't the main problem with anti-vax propaganda.

I really can't figure out if the anti-cellphone people are taking a stand on vaccination. But it would be amusing if the anti-vaxxers start puting out their own Shomrim cards or they view the card I posted as pro-vax (or alarmist about measles) or try to get whoever puts out those cards to permit calling an anti-vax hotline if one can only do it on a cellphone and then the Shomrim people update this one and say that one should rather die of measles (or of vaccine side-effects ...)

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:59 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I know plenty of intelligent, professional, educated people who don't vaccinate, or at least didn't a decade ago. It was quite common in the Upper West Side Yuppie crowd I often rubbed elbows with, back when I lived in NYC. The arguments they gave were very similar to some of the ones given by frum anti-vaxxers, minus the discussion of hishtadlus and halachic considerations. The arguments were not particularly good, but I didn't have the tools I have now to refute them. Also, and crucially, Lancet hadn't yet retracted the Wakefield article.

Did it spill into the Jewish community on the UWS?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 8:02 am
imasoftov wrote:
I really can't figure out if the anti-cellphone people are taking a stand on vaccination. But it would be amusing if the anti-vaxxers start puting out their own Shomrim cards or they view the card I posted as pro-vax (or alarmist about measles) or try to get whoever puts out those cards to permit calling an anti-vax hotline if one can only do it on a cellphone and then the Shomrim people update this one and say that one should rather die of measles (or of vaccine side-effects ...)

Wt**??? Is this cartoon for real???
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics