Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Which flu vaccine is safest?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:23 pm
Is the nasal spray safer then the injection? I would think so, based on the ingredient list as well as that it's not injected it's just inhaled.

I would prefer to skip it entirely but one of my children needs it.

Shout out to Yael for not censoring these threads like the other social media sites. I tried googling it and it's so hard to find anything which isn't party line.

ETA my kid needs it for school and can't get an exception. Please don't debate if it works or not, it's totally irrelevant.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is the nasal spray safer then the injection? I would think so, based on the ingredient list as well as that it's not injected it's just inhaled.

I would prefer to skip it entirely but one of my children needs it.

Shout out to Yael for not censoring these threads like the other social media sites. I tried googling it and it's so hard to find anything which isn't party line.
The downside of the nasal mist is that it's live virus and sheds.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:27 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
The downside of the nasal mist is that it's live virus and sheds.

Is that worse than the regular flu virus which is going around anyways?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:30 pm
I stopped giving the flu shot, and my kids stopped getting the flu every year. Whenever we got the flu shot, everyone got the flu.

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:45 pm
If your kid needs it for a medical reason add their dr; people with certain conditions or undergoing certain treatments are not allowed to have the nasal because it’s live

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:47 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I stopped giving the flu shot, and my kids stopped getting the flu every year. Whenever we got the flu shot, everyone got the flu.

And I get the flu shot every year and rarely get the flu

This year I forgot and had the worst case I’ve ever had I was sick for literally weeks

Everyone is different

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:48 pm
My pediatrician office doesn't offer the mist because they say that it hasn't been proven to be effective.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:08 pm
My kid needed it for school. I was really upset to give it to him and rightfully so, because a few weeks later he got the flu and spread it to the rest of us.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:11 pm
If it's nyc preschool I just sent a letter that said it goes against my beliefs. The city accepted it.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:13 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
If it's nyc preschool I just sent a letter that said it goes against my beliefs. The city accepted it.

How? I thought they don't accept religious exemptions. And the school didn't make you get it?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
How? I thought they don't accept religious exemptions. And the school didn't make you get it?

The school accepted it and handed it to the city at inspection time. The flu vaccine is more lenient than other ones. I did fully vaccinate besides for the flu.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:19 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:

I thought NYC doesn’t accept religious exemptions?

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:46 pm
none
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics