Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
So I bought my 15 month old a pair of Uggs...

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 11:51 am
And she can barely walk in them! I mean, they fit her in the inside but because of the think lining the boot's outside is really huge and she is tripping over her own feet, like she is wearing really big clown shoes. Im wondering does anyone else have Uggs for little feet - and how does this work out for you?

jba

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 2:36 pm
my sister wanted to get dd uggs last year (she was just born) now that she is walking quite nicely for the past few months she brought up the issue again. I think it looks cute but I am fast becoming a more practical mother. ex: I love dd in jeans, but they were too tight for the way she walked and constantly fell. So she wear yoga style pants. if your dd doensn't get the hang of them soon, it's not really fair to her.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 3:44 pm
that doesn't sound very sturdy for her young feet ... she needs a simple pair of proper fitted shoes - they make cute enough ones ... style doesn't matter here

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 4:42 pm
greenfire wrote:
that doesn't sound very sturdy for her young feet ... she needs a simple pair of proper fitted shoes - they make cute enough ones ... style doesn't matter here

I actually bought them thinking they'd be warm boots

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 5:51 pm
if you are refering to ugg boots like the aussie boot, they aren't intended as shoes, but as house shoes. I wear mine as slippers around the house.

not long ago though they became the fashion amongst teens to wear as boots outside the house and started to be designed in fashions more suited to outwear Confused but I don't know if its still the fashion

I don't think they are sturdy enough for a baby or child

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
greenfire wrote:

they are warm - just not supportive ... which is why they make hightops in the shoes for young toddlers ...

GAMZu

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 6:24 pm
I get regular boots for by boys. Rubbery shoe part and puffy and warm on top. And with warm felt inserts.
They are also really big on them, being that's they're very thick. But they don't seem to trip in them. Every winter, the first few times they wear boots they walk awkwardly, but they get used to it.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 7:02 pm
greenfire wrote:
amother wrote:
greenfire wrote:

they are warm - just not supportive ... which is why they make hightops in the shoes for young toddlers ...

I think that the whole supportive shoes thing isnt being encouraged anymore by the ped.s Ive been told to keep my baby barefoot as much as possible or in suede-soled soft shoes.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 7:07 pm
Barefoot is best when a child is learning to walk, but when they are wearing anything on their feet, it has to be supportive, like traditional Stride-Rites. That's why I always found those Robeez ridiculous.

Ima'la

Post Thu, Nov 08 2007, 8:07 pm
Actually, first shoes are supposed to be as flexible as possible - so that baby develops his muscles instead of having his foot supported just by the shoe. High tops are discouraged. But - please excuse my out-of-styleness - I have no idea what uggs are - doesn't sound like something I'd want to put on a baby - ugh! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics