Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What would you rather...?
Previous  1  2

Ravenclaw

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:20 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Would that child be my only chance at having children, or my child’s only chance to have a baby? Then definitely I would choose to have a child. If I already had many children and was happy with the size of my family I would choose the money.

Thinking the same.
I know even so it seems bad to say, we were conditioned to think that we have to have as many kids as possible, but if having one kid less means I can provide better for my current kids, I would do it.
But if I didn’t have kids at all, or still want more, then of course I would choose a kid over money.

chicco

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:26 pm
If you're asking what do I value more, my answer is obviously a child. However, if that is not your question, I'll answer like this. If I still had the koach in me to raise a child the way one deserved to be raised at that stage in life, and I did not feel like my family was complete, a child would be my choice. I think it is much more likely though, considering KH I have a full house, that at this point, money may be the smartest choice. This way I could provide for everyone that is already here, and not over extend ourselves by having another kid when we have already got our hands full, KH.

Hope this helps.

Rappel

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 10:54 pm
I'm not sure I would know what to do with a million dollars. Maybe someday I will, but that would be after we had earned it. A gift like that would alarm me.

On the other hand, my main goal in life is to become Super Savta, so bring on a grandchild please!

amother
Olive

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:02 pm
Rappel wrote:
I'm not sure I would know what to do with a million dollars.

You clearly dont own a home in the tristate area. Every homeowner is worth at least a milion. No big deal any more.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:05 pm
personally I would chose the health and sanity to be able to handle another child but I realize that's not one of the choices...

yksraya

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:41 pm
It's hard to answer this question. Unless the it's about infertility and you have a choice to keep the money or have the child. I would choose the child.

Oh, and I would anytime choose to have a grandchild over any money in the world! Iyh when I'll be at that stage in life.

In regard to another child, I will see if and when I feel ready for one, regardless of any money.

Rappel

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 11:43 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
You clearly dont own a home in the tristate area. Every homeowner is worth at least a milion. No big deal any more.

Vell, you found me out Wink

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:26 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
Would that child be my only chance at having children, or my child’s only chance to have a baby? Then definitely I would choose to have a child. If I already had many children and was happy with the size of my family I would choose the money.

I agree with this.

BTW, OP, what does gender have to do with anything?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:33 am
Right now I need $ so I can take care of my sick child.
A mil is a drop in the bucket.
But no genie is coming to me. Might as well go to Hashem and ask for all we need.

mig100

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 1:00 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I have b" h two healthy children, want more but am young and don't expect problems, so I'd take the money.

BUT if I knew that if I took the money then I would never have another healthy child, then I'd take a child instead.

Basically, the chance of me having a healthy child without a genie is pretty high, and the chance of me getting a million dollars is pretty low, so I'd take the money.

I think this explains the response here.

Many responses say they would take the money- while they r assuming they will continue.to have kids easily.

Basically many want both- just think they only need.genie for money.

Question would make more sense if it was s real either or option. Not voth

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 2:42 am
I dont know about a genie giving me a child, but its something money can't buy.

zaq

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:28 am
One never knows how one will react if a hypothetical case becomes true. But I think that :
1. If I had children and no money, I’d take the money.
2. If I had no children I’d take the child, whether I had money or not.
3. If I had sick children and no money, I’d take the money to get care for the children.
4. If I had as many children as I want, be that one or a dozen, I’d take the money and invest it for the children.
5. As for grandchildren, I’d have to ask my children which they prefer. It would hardly be fair for me to impose my hypothetical wish for the more the merrier grandchildren upon my children who might not want more children.

I don’t see what the gender of the hypothetical million dollar baby has to do with anything.

In reality, a million dollars does not go all that far today, especially if you have children with health problems.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:50 am
Op, I think we are all answering different scenarios. A couple in post child bearing years. in their mid 50's with many children, and possibly struggling financially, probably doesn't even want another kid.
On the other hand a couple in their mid 50's that never had any children as a result of fertility issues, would probably do anything to have a child.

We are all voting here and giving opinions on different scenarios.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics