Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Contractor for renovations-Jackson

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 4:35 pm
Hi,

We're looking into purchasing a (starter) home in Jackson which will need some basic renovations. We'd like to redo a bathroom, kitchen, new windows and open some doorways etc.

Anyone know of or used a reliable contractor that was decently priced and did a decent job quickly?

We aren't looking for anything fancy, a simple but decent job and mostly QUICK.

thanks!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:05 pm
There's eliezer naftoli, or Mr Weiss 732-456-0005. If you need a designer there's Yocheved Hellman, Hadasa Chapler

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,

We're looking into purchasing a (starter) home in Jackson which will need some basic renovations. We'd like to redo a bathroom, kitchen, new windows and open some doorways etc.

Anyone know of or used a reliable contractor that was decently priced and did a decent job quickly?

We aren't looking for anything fancy, a simple but decent job and mostly QUICK.

thanks!

I have no leads but keep in mind renovations in Jackson will not be quick as you need permits for most anything. DO NOT do work without a permit in Jackson. It will cost you way more
In the long run.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:30 pm
Shaiky Wolf

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:10 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I have no leads but keep in mind renovations in Jackson will not be quick as you need permits for most anything. DO NOT do work without a permit in Jackson. It will cost you way more
In the long run.

Would you mind sharing what you mean by costing more money in the long run? because of fines you'll have to pay or something else?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:11 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Shaiky Wolf

THanks. do you have a phone #?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:45 pm
Not the responder but

Just so you know, inspections department in Jackson is particular and quick imperfect work wont pass. You have to be fair with your contractor timewise.

I think what she meant by costing more in the long run is that Jackson township will make you remove whatever they catch you on. I know people have gotten some things by them, but others have had to tear down decks, redo doors, and rip out kitchens.

She is probably aware of a situation like that. In most townships you would get away with a fine and repair. In Jackson you have to take it all out and start over if the inspector doesn't overlook.

BTW This is not an anti-Semitic thing. Jackson has always been known for rigorous enforcement

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Not the responder but

Just so you know, inspections department in Jackson is particular and quick imperfect work wont pass. You have to be fair with your contractor timewise.

I think what she meant by costing more in the long run is that Jackson township will make you remove whatever they catch you on. I know people have gotten some things by them, but others have had to tear down decks, redo doors, and rip out kitchens.

She is probably aware of a situation like that. In most townships you would get away with a fine and repair. In Jackson you have to take it all out and start over if the inspector doesn't overlook.

BTW This is not an anti-Semitic thing. Jackson has always been known for rigorous enforcement

Thank you for the explanation!

I'm just wondering a bit more now...we spoke to a few people whom all said don't take out permits, just be careful not to make a scene and keep it quiet and its no big deal.

So what do we do realistically? we are on a tight budget so paying for all the permits will be a big extra expense and drag out the process...

Now I'm getting nervous... Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries