Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Cooking

Do you you hate cooking?
depends on my mood  
 36%  [ 12 ]
I always buy takeout- hate cooking  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I cook super simple suppers (french fries and fish sticks)  
 9%  [ 3 ]
I love cooking but have no time to cook  
 54%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 33

hot chocolate!

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:10 am
How many of you hate (or dislike) cooking?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:16 am
I love cooking but I'm not always in the mood to clean up my mess from cooking . That's the only thing that stops me from cooking sometimes.

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:18 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I love cooking but I'm not always in the mood to clean up my mess from cooking . That's the only thing that stops me from cooking sometimes.

This plus lack of time due to adorable children. I love making good food if someone else did the grocery shopping and the cleaning up after.

I don’t like baking, though.m, and prefer steaks to cupcakes 😆

mha3484

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:20 am
I love cooking and eating but at this life stage I am too busy to really make complicated menus.

I am trying to be more organized about prepping on Sundays. I am doing a second week of prep rally and its helping me tons.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:47 am
Only like dishes that speak to me, mostly don't cook regularly

keym

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:56 am
In theory, I enjoy cooking. Not fancy patchke food. But basic chickens, meats, vegies, kugrls, cakes, etc.
Practically, I find the juggling the kids, shopping for ingredients, and clean up overwhelming.
If I won the lottery, I wouldn't hire a chef.
I would hire a shopper, a babysitter to entertain the kids, and lots of clean up help to clean and wash up as I go.

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:00 pm
You are missing the I don't hate cooking option.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Lol! This exactly.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:03 pm
I probably would enjoy cooking if I only did it when I felt like it. Having to provide 3 meals a day plus snacks and cook for Shabbos every week turns cooking more into another chore that has to be done than an enjoyable activity.

soap suds

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:17 pm
I hate cooking but don't buy takeout. I do what I gotta do but hate every minute of it.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:22 pm
where is the "I love cooking" option ?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:24 pm
Besides having home economics for 2 years in school (including nutrition and theory) with cooking and baking I also went to cooking school and worked in a function hall kitchen for a few years. So yes, I love it.
IMHO, one reason (but not the only reason) why some of us dislike cooking is no proper training of how to do it. Once you are familiar with the terms of folding egg whites/melt chocolate in bain marie/saute and many other terms you will feel more confident. Also, the whole concept of which order you work things makes a big difference.
Another one is cultural. My mother always cooked at home. Take away didn't exist.

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:28 pm
I love cooking but hate that the family has to be fed every dmn day!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:33 pm
I love cooking. Have no time but try to make it work anyway. Didn't vote since I didn't see an option for I don't hate cooking.

sequoia

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:37 pm
I love cooking. It’s creative, soothing, peaceful, and I’m sure to get something yummy at the end.

Also due to health problems I can’t really eat anything I didn’t cook (besides dessert).

jewishmom6

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:38 pm
I enjoy cooking but not always in the mood of cooking. I wish I don't always have to cook so often.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:49 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
I enjoy cooking but not always in the mood of cooking. I wish I don't always have to cook so often.

Thanks G-d for fridges and freezers! Smile

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:42 am
I don't mind cooking, but I hate having to think of what to make. I do ask my kids and do have a somewhat weekly menu, but they get tired of thinking too and the menu is general. Does baking count as cooking? Yesterday I felt like baking a cake and so I did Smile . Since I shouldn't really have it in the house, I cut the recipe in half. Wink

amazingmommy

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:47 am
I’m loving this thread! I thought I’m the only one that doesn’t enjoy the responsibility of cooking every day!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics