Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
"Love and Logic"
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 11:21 am
Sonniboni, great ideas, we actually have role-play at school, teaching kids diff methods on diff situations with them involved is a great way Very Happy !

Reading books with children is a def. must, not only to enrich his language but to open him up to diff things. ie: a story a bout feelings, or a first visit to the doctor etc.

Some children need to visualize with pics to. You can make copies of diff feelings and ask your child to point to the mood that he's in etc

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 12:11 pm
I must confess that I never quite understood how to do role play, so I dont use it Wink , but speaking to many psychologist and reading books on the subject I know it is supposed to work very well.

I don't really read books to my kids to teach them how to cope, middos etc. though I do buy and read them those type of books - What I do is make up the stories, so that they are specifically geared to my kids and what they need to work on.
Ie. the animals in my story are similar ages to my kids and the situations that they find themselves in are similar to my kids lives, so that way my kids can relate alot better to my stories- it is geared to them.

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 24 2006, 8:29 pm
I tried to find some Love and Logic books in the public library via Internet and discovered that they are not listed in the catalog Exclamation

healthymama

Post Thu, Aug 24 2006, 11:24 pm
role playing is just acting out the situation. Play pretend and have your child re-enact good choices.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 17 2007, 7:05 pm
Any love and logic parents out there? what are your opinions on this method of parenting??
does it work for you?
do you do it completely? or some of this/some of that?

see previous posts - mod

lamplighter

Post Sat, Nov 17 2007, 9:53 pm
I use it in the classroom, and it is phenomenal.
read the whole thread to get idea on parenting.
My only question is what u do with regards to yiddishkeit when there are no choices.

Shif

Post Sun, Nov 18 2007, 9:17 pm
Quote:
My only question is what u do with regards to yiddishkeit when there are no choices

what do you mean?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 12:02 am
what do u do when ur kid wont bentch or daven or say brochos etc
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics