Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old drools a lot

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:57 pm
Is it normal or something to be concerned about

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:58 pm
Teething?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:05 pm
At 2?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:08 pm
Can be medical or low muscle tone. How is his speech? Does he speak as clearly as most two year olds- do other people understand him? Does he snore? Tend to have his mouth open all the time?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
At 2?

Does he stick his fingers in the back of his mouth and look miserable? If so, you're dealing with "Two Year Molars". The worst teething of them all. https://www.healthline.com/hea.....edies

The only thing that made DD feel better, was to gnaw on frozen green beans, concentrating on the back teeth. I'd get her a small cup of beans, and she'd toddle off quite happily. BONUS: She was eating vegetables and not complaining!

I found out later that I could also get her to eat frozen blueberries, raspberries, corn, peas, and baby carrots. It was a texture thing for her.

Genius

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:25 pm
My 2yo drools since forever. doc claims that it's not normal, but insurance wont pay for therapy. They normally outgrow it.

cheerios

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:57 pm
My 2 year old was approved for speech therapy mostly for drooling and low oral muscle tone. Maybe also had some speech delays. Don't remember it was a while ago. Got the therapy through an agency, if that makes a difference.

srbmom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:05 pm
My DS was drooling terribly at 2yo and my pediatrician told me it was completely normal and not to worry about it at all until he was 3. Bh he outgrew it a few months later and no signs of it now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics