Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Changing the education system...take 2
Previous  1  2  3

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
brunette- what percentage of families are on scholarship? how much fundraising does the school do?

MO families know from the get go that they need to make a lot of money to afford to be frum.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 10:53 am
dancingqueen wrote:
MO families know from the get go that they need to make a lot of money to afford to be frum.

I was responding to the fact that she said that she pays 12,000 and gets bare bones. There's a big difference if 10 percent are paying 12,000 which she is part of or 90 percent are. And yes that is true about MO families but what happens to the people who just aren't able to earn so much, maybe they aren't so smart or socially savy or whatever... not everyone can be a high earner... do they just go off the derech?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:11 pm
Bobbywobby wrote:
Some of the changes mentioned here sound amazing but probably are a little unrealistic. I would like to see more of a positive discipline type of mentality from the school staff. Teachers, is there room for empathy in a classroom situation? Is it possible to create an environment where our kids can feel emotionally safe? If they are struggling to keep up with the class can they be commended for what they have accomplished? And on a basic level, do they have to be terrified to leave the room to go to the bathroom?

Agree with this. I send to a chassidish school that is not Montessori-esque or the Utopia that many of you describe, but it is a warm, caring place with a good education. My son is happy to go to school every day and sad that the year ended. Is there fighting and learning issues that have to be dealt with? Of course, but I don’t think any system will ever escape that. The big difference is that the Yeshiva uses good, smart chinuch to deal with issues as they arise, and they are considerate of every child’s needs. I can’t ask for more.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics