Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Target vs. Bed Bath & B

twolilgirlies

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:15 pm
Anyone know how pricing compares? are they comparable? is one more expensive? on specific items or just in general?

We just redid our house and I need to buy new bath accessories, towels etc. and just received a 20% off entire purchase from BB&B. I'm a real Target fan, so I'd like to know if its worth it to shop in BB&B for the things I need with the coupon...

THANKS!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:15 am
Target is generally a lot cheaper.

Prettygirl30

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:45 am
But bbb has a great return policy

motherperson

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:54 am
twolilgirlies wrote:
Anyone know how pricing compares? are they comparable? is one more expensive? on specific items or just in general?

We just redid our house and I need to buy new bath accessories, towels etc. and just received a 20% off entire purchase from BB&B. I'm a real Target fan, so I'd like to know if its worth it to shop in BB&B for the things I need with the coupon...

THANKS!

I’d go for bb and b because of the return policy. Also might b worth it to get the twenty off membership for two years

lucky14

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 5:27 am
BBB is sooo expensive. For bathroom stuff I found that Target was cheaper- even when I factored in BBB coupons.

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 5:36 am
BB&B coupons don't expire, so you basically can get a discount on everything there.

BB&B has better quality merchandise than target in general.

baby12x

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:09 am
I think you have to check both.
Full price bb&b is usually more expensive but clearance for both (esp when combined with the coupons) is pretty good.

Also try marshalls, tjmaxx, ross, and home goods for even cheaper stuff

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:29 am
BBB stars off with higher prices than Target BECAUSE of their coupons. And they have been tightening up on their return policy. Target also has a pretty liberal policy. I find the two to be comparable.

meme6

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 9:23 am
Target is way cheaper! You c am also check out tj max and marshals you can get great stuff for cheap

cm

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 9:47 am
Save up your 20% off (one item) coupons from BB&B. They have an expiration date on them, but it is not enforced in stores, and you can use one for each item you purchase (with some exceptions). It's not worth it to pay a for a membership when these coupons come out so frequently. Just get on their mailing list. They also have coupons via text/email and in the app. If you want to use expired coupons for an online order (items not available in the stores), place the order in the store and they will help you.

In general Target is less expensive. The Target credit card gives a good discount too. Do a little comparison shopping for what you plan to buy. Occasionally, BB&B is a better deal.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:57 am
To some extent, this is comparing apples to oranges.

BBB is more expensive because it has higher end stuff which Target doesn't carry. It also has less expensive stuff in terms of it having a range of quality items but I think prices are equivalent for the same quality. BBB will have more expensive towels (as well as cheaper ones) for example while Target will only carry the less expensive lines.

At least in Los Angeles, I have found Macy's to be a good source for houseware type of stuff. Everything is always on sale and there are always coupons. It doesn't have the same range of stuff but they do have nice quality bedding and towels.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 11:16 am
Target currently has an online sale $10 off $30 or $40 off $100 on linens, towels, etc. I just ordered & saved a lot over the same items at BB&B (even with a coupon). I made 2 separate orders (one was just over $100 the other just over $30) and was able to use the coupon twice and saved $50!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 11:48 am
I just purchased these towels in various sizes for an unbelievable price. In general, I find the Amazon Basics and Amazon Essentials lines to be very reliable. I wouldn't say they are plush and luxurious but they are very decent quality and I am very satisfied. Browse through the colors and sizes because the prices vary. For example, the acorn color for 2/pack of bath towels is only $6.96!
AmazonBasics Fade-Resistant Cotton Bath Towel - Pack of 2, Acorn Brown https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....4YZ71

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:58 pm
Amarante wrote:
To some extent, this is comparing apples to oranges.

BBB is more expensive because it has higher end stuff which Target doesn't carry. It also has less expensive stuff in terms of it having a range of quality items but I think prices are equivalent for the same quality. BBB will have more expensive towels (as well as cheaper ones) for example while Target will only carry the less expensive lines.

At least in Los Angeles, I have found Macy's to be a good source for houseware type of stuff. Everything is always on sale and there are always coupons. It doesn't have the same range of stuff but they do have nice quality bedding and towels.

I have found the same. I don't like Macy's though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains